Redeployment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Penny, thanks for the Christmas wishes, I look forward to going on a dive with you as well. I sure do hope next Christmas is filled with holly, evergreens and mistletoe instead of dust, scorpions, and IEDs.

Squalus, sounds good, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. Also, there is a quarry in Hopkinsville, KY that is 130' deep. When it warms up a bit, I'm going to go diving as much as I can. I think it might be time to purchase some tanks when I get home. Not too much longer and I'll be back in the good ol' U.S.A. and able to go diving again!

2Tours N Iraq,
Glad to hear from someone else out here enjoying this wonderfull dive destination. I never knew there was a dive club out here or I would have joined months ago. Have you tried the drift dive down the Tigris? I also found that diving with SAPI plates means I don't need a weight belt!

But to answer your initial question, upon redeployment, I plan to spend lots of time with my family. Then some time underwater. Also finish my TRIMIX, I was right in the middle of it when I got deployed. Later in the summer I'm going to try to get to Mexico to do some cave diving.

stay safe

john

John,

I have a full size image of the logo that is my avatar if you want it. I came up with the concept and Neophytediver made it look professional. I'm going to have it put on a poloshirt when I get back to the states. Just let me know if you want the full size so you can use it for a hat or shirt or something.

Blane

Hey 2tours,
I got back home last month. The diving is good and cold! Dove yesterday at a small lake in the mountains, water temp was a brisk 42 degs., vis was 10ft Great Dive. Stay safe.
Jim
" Is today the day?"

Dude, as much as the rest of SB is awaiting your return, I don't think anyone is more anxious than I am. For those that don't know, 2Tours is my twin brother, and I'm a mere three hours from Ft. Campbell where he'll be stationed. I myself am also in the Army at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL. I can't wait to go diving with you again Bro!

Thanks Jim, I'm going to check into the WNC diving but it may just be too cold for someone without a drysuit!

Dude, I am anxiously awaiting the flight home, just a handful of days to go!

Wishing you a safe journey and lots of diving with your bro in the very near future! :D

Thank you for your service.

Enjoy your dives upon your safe return.

Gotta love the reliability of the US Air Force...I was supposed to be home 3 days ago. I just wish I could get delayed yet again! Of course, is it really a deployment if your return flight isn't delayed at least 3 times?!?

Back
Top Bottom