Red tinted masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have that much experience with my yellow lens mask, but I have used it when diving good viz, moderate, crappy & at night. Compared to a different mask with clear lens, I think I get somewhat better viz under all conditions with the yellow. It certainly has not posed a problem.

Now, I don't do any UW photography so I can't address that issue. I just dunno if the yellow would pose a problem with view finders or not.

The red lenses in the SeaVision mask make it difficult to view the color monitor of a video camera. The color shown on the monitor is altered to the eye with the mask on. In addition the monitor is somewhat less bright so I gave up the mask when shooting video. Also night diving with the red lens mask would be tougher than with the clear one.

Also night diving with the red lens mask would be tougher than with the clear one.
Yep - which is why they sell the yellow one - go with the chamleon model with changable filters.

That's what I do. At night I still use my trusty Mini Tusa which as best I can remember is circa ~1987ish.

I have Seavision's mask with the pink color and I just love it and probably won't ever go to anything else. The only thing I didn't like about my mask was the pink lense are on permenant. The chameleon (CVS) by seavision however will include the option where I can clip on the pink lense to my mask or I can just put it back in the box. Here is what it looks like...

Chameleon.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom