Red tinted masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

search sea view mask for posts. You will find alot of positive comments. Thats why I just got one.I have not used it yet,,,it may be another month before I dive the jetties in Panama City/I will use it then. Hope I didnot waste the $$ on this one. But I do like the skirt on the mask. and it does seem to fit great.

Any personal experiences with this type of mask would be greatly appreciated. I recently went on a dive in Cancun. I shot video with my digital camera. We also paid the dive company to shoot video. We did not use a red filter, they did. The difference was like night and day. Our camera and the naked eye while we were down there did not notice much color. When we saw the video using the red filter, the colors were amazing. It would be awsome if red filtered goggles would do the same for the naked eye. Any idea why it wouldn't?

OK, a serious answer to a somewhat deteriorating thread:

I have a RED Sea Vision mask.

It is the mask I wear on EVERY dive. I have many others and sometimes carry a backup but I wear the Red one.

I ADORE it! It fits well, it has the stock Guage Reader lenses (+2 I think?) I like them because they are located in RIGHT place and are larger than the SLIVERS that other masks come with.

The RED Lens is now imperceivable to me (until I put on a clear mask! YUCK!)

I use it for night dives, Cooper River (Zero VIZ) everything. NO problems!

Get one, Wear one, throw away everything else.

I even think their DEFOG s the BEST!
(They recomend to use ONLY their brand! $2.50 at Divers Direct).

I can't wait until Sea Vision starts :rofl3: sending me compensation checks!

I got a SeaVision with the magenta lenses and -2.0 gauge readers ground-in at DEMA a few years ago. At the time, it was ok, although I came to dislike the red tint. Now it just kinda sits around since I got Pure Vision contacts that gave me back my close vision.

Holy archive threads batman. :11:

It must be nice to get into scuba before needing bifocals. I have to have those wet or dry to fully enjoy the sights.

The thread was about the red lenses tho...

The magenta (pink, red, whatever ya wanna call it) tinted lenses do work. They do restore the reds under water. I have a clear Sea Vision and a magenta Sea Vision bifocal mask. It's very easy to discern the difference, given the depth limitations.

the K

I have a "color correcting mask" It is a red tint. Mostly I love the mask because it seldom leaks but the correcting is nice too. Have to wear a clear when teaching thou and prolly should with baby dives so they can see my eyes. Is it a big deal? Not realy. Id buy more of them in clear if I could find any.

I have 2 Sea Vision Ultra masks. One yellow, one magenta.

if the viz is good, the magenta is OK, but if the viz is crappy I want the yellow lens. I can see considerably better under bad viz with that one compared to the magenta. Back to back dives on the same site while spear fishing & hunting shovelnose lobster. The difference was so noticable that the magenta has been relegated to my spare mask & I just always dive with the yellow. I actually want to get rid of it & get another yellow, I think. I prolly should dive it more in some shallow, good viz conditions & see how it compares then. But for overall use it seems to me to be limited.

I have the red sea vision mask, and it makes the colors pop more in about 50 ft or less.

An added perk is how you look on film while wearing them though. A real slick look, which is why we dive anyway, right?

Wayward Son makes a good point.

In waters with less than "optimal" visibility, the magenta tinted lenses really add to the reduction of ambient visibility.

In the teaching mode, it is extremely difficult to observe the condition of a student's mask in the partial flooded mask drill if the student is wearing a mask with magenta colored lenses.

the K

Back
Top Bottom