Red Sea Diving Safari Marsa Shagra Marsa Nakari Wadi Lahami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to hear from somebody who has been to one of the villages: Marsa Shagra, Marsa Nakari, Wadi Lahami recently and what village they recommend for better diving and better overall resort please. What do you think of their dive operation, Delux Chalet (with A/C), quality and variety of diving, restaurant, etc.
Really appreciating your post and the replies, and would love to hear your post-trip take on Marsa Shagra.

I'd like to hear from somebody who has been to one of the villages: Marsa Shagra, Marsa Nakari, Wadi Lahami recently and what village they recommend for better diving and better overall resort please. What do you think of their dive operation, Delux Chalet (with A/C), quality and variety of diving, restaurant, etc.
Really looking forward to a post-trip report!, as I am going to Marsa Alam in September and have not yet booked in in Marsa Shagra. I am also curious if anyone has had a good experience staying anywhere else in Marsa Alam.

@BoltSnap Did you ever visit either Marsa Shagra or Marsa Makari? Thinking of doing the same next year, thanks.

@BoltSnap Did you ever visit either Marsa Shagra or Marsa Makari? Thinking of doing the same next year, thanks.
Nope, not yet. I want to go real bad.

Yeah, the more I read about Marsa Shagra/RSDS the more I wonder if it wouldn't be better than a liveaboard.

We have also been at Marsa Shagra this year in February and we liked it so much that we are going back to Marsa Nakiri in two weeks. We were also looking into a LOB as an alternative, but everybody advised us, that a LOB is only better if you go to the deep South with it for a whole week. Otherwise the house reefs in combination with the off-shore dive sites are just as good as a LOB but more convenient.
I can recommend RSDS very much.

@Schenkeli

How was it in February there? Were the sea conditions conducive to doing multiple dives for multiple days or did you lose dive days? Was it too cold in the water? Tell us more please :)

(…) everybody advised us, that a LOB is only better if you go to the deep South with it for a whole week. Otherwise the house reefs in combination with the off-shore dive sites are just as good as a LOB but more convenient.
I don’t agree with you in this.
While the two base (Shagra especially) has a very-very great reef, a LOB is generally more convinient if you are there only for diving, and this is true for north, south or deep south routes too.
In the villages there are the distances between the facilities and the need for constant packing of the equipment, you basically loose at least one diving because of this every day. (I’ve managed to do 6 dives per day for a few days, but it was exhausting.)
On the other hand on an LOB there is no such overhead, you just take off your first stage and done with the equipment. Especially in the north where there are no distances to cover, you can dive almost every time. To the deep south the ships has to maintain the schedule, so its needed to go on some nights too, therefore no time for “unlimited” diving.
So from the point of comfortable diving a LOT, LOB wins easily. (In my humble opinion! :wink: )

I've been at Marsa Shagra and Nakari too a few times. (The llatest was in Nakari in October, and I going next week to Shagra actually.)
Hello Asking for a recommendation:) Im planing a week in April in either Shagra or Nakari. I prefer quiet (Nakari?) however I’m going to travel solo hence will need to find diving buddies during my stay (Shagra better?) What would you recommend?

I have never been but am seriously considering RSDS. Since the operation prohibits diving alone, I would think that Shagra would provide a better chance for buddies. Other benefits of Shagra over Nakiri are its proximity to.Elphinstone, and reportedly a slightly better house reef.

I would like to see a trip report after your April trip if you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom