Red Jetfins on The Life Aquatic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goodeatsfan

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know this is a pretty old show and this is probably a long shot, but, has anyone here any information on those red jetfins that Team Zissou was wearing in the Movie The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou?

I've tried scouring the net, and have not found ANY reference to them. I've found the caps, t-shirts, blah blah blah... not interested. BUT the BRIGHT red JETS!!! Woooooo!!!!

Sometimes, I feel they (the Manufacturers) are just holding back on us regular folks....

The Life Aquatic was a bit of 'magical reality', a bit in the tradition of the theatre of the absurd, with the Wes Anderson family oddities like Tenenbaums. As such, it was rather well done. The diving gear was only marginally related to reality, as were any aquatic scenes.

It was so bad we ultimately didn't finish watching it. We kept waiting for it to get better -not good, mind you, just better- and that dragged out so long that my wife finally demanded that I eject it & I was more than willing. Prolly very little of it left but we just couldn't stand it any more.

Scubapro makes the Jets in red and yellow on special orders - become a dealer and order a 1000 pairs. The yellow Jets are a favorite of European instructors...

It's a movie that you'll love or hate, depending on the type of humor you enjoy. You also might be better prepared for what you are getting into if you have seen other Wes Anderson movies (The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom