Closed: Complete SONY RX 100 V / Fantasea / SeaLife setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hilljo88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sony RX 100 V/ Fantasea/SeaLife Complete package

$3700++ retail cost

$2200 for sale

REDUCED: $1900

I bought this awesome SONY compact camera new from a U.S. retailer in early 2018. (The rest of the gear was bought around the same time.) Great camera, but I’m planning to move up to the Sony a7iii if I can sell this underwater package. Everything is in like new condition, but I’ll say its 9+. Nothing ever flooded. Check Google/youtube and you will see that the reviewers think this is the best compact camera. 20 megapixels, large sensor. 315 autofocus points, great kit lens;24-70 f 1.8, fast autofocus, amazing super slow motion video, etc. (Please search online for technical details.)

Pluses for underwater shooting: kit lens allows for flexible macro and wide angle shooting on same dive. I also have Fantasea 12+ macro and a wide angle wet lens which can be added or removed underwater. No ports to deal with.

Light weight compact size means its easy to handle underwater and you can carry on the camera, housing, lenses, strobes, filters, and more in a backpack.

Shoots JPEG or RAW or both. You can set camera to Auto mode, full manual, Aperture priority or Shutter speed priority, and change underwater. Wifi JPEGS to your phone.

Capture One software is a free, reasonable competitor to LR/PS for processing RAW files.

I don’t shoot hardly any video, so I won’t comment on it, except to say that others who do shoot video rave about it.

Things that could be better: battery life. With the Sony battery, I get 2 dives of about 50 minutes each. But I did one 90 min dive at the Blue Heron Bridge on one battery and still had more juice.So YMMV depending on how you shoot. 3rd party batteries give slightly less time. (I'm including 2 extras in the package). The camera also reportedly heats up, especially with prolonged video. I shoot only underwater, so this is not an issue. White balance in video mode not the easiest to set but easy to correct in post. Lastly, the Sony menus offer great flexibility, but it takes time to learn everything. Most shooters find a group of settings that work for them and don’t worry about all the zillion other options.

Sea Life tray and dual arms, one additional flexible arm. I custom made a small retainer which is bolted (removable) to the bottom of the tray. This can be used underwater to store the lens cap or any 67 mm threaded lens, filter, or diopter. Very handy.

2 SeaLife Sea Dragon strobes with fiber optic cords, diffusers. 20 Guide factor. Compact size, light weight (do you see a pattern here?). I shoot these on manual, They have been workhorses. I don’t think I’ve ever had a situation where I thought I needed more expensive strobes. I usually have to turn them down to less than full power, and have never had the batteries run out on 2+ dives.

SeaLife video/focus light. Part of a flouresence package, it has 4 settings; bright white, dimmer white, bright UV 455 nm, dimmer UV. Mounts to cold shoe. I mostly just use it as a white focus light, but have found that squid seem very curious about the blue light.

Fluorescence package: 67 mm yellow filter, yellow visor, blue filter hood for 3in strobe. Interesting to see what on the reef responds to flouro frequency. need the yellow filter to see the effect, and the blue strobe filter as well to take a shot.

Waterproof LED Ring Light: imported imitation of Kraken. White, Blue or Red leds. Fixed and strobe functions. 67mm thread. Puts light right on macro subject. Fish/shrimp seem less bothered by red light. You can get right up to their noses. (I’ll throw this in with lights for no extra charge.)

Fantasea housing: controls all camera buttons/ menus etc. I shoot manual, so I adjust aperture/ shutter speed oftenAlso full access to menu settings. Customizable buttons. However, I believe it is not possible to set back button focus. At least I haven’t found it. Housing never flooded. Dual o rings. Moisture alert.

Fantasea macro wet lens UCL 09F +12.5

Fantasea Wide angle wet lens M67 big eye Mark II

Fantasea LCD view finder 2.3x magnifier

67mm screw in flip-aside diopter holder

2 x extra 3rd party camera batteries and chargers

Attachments

• rx 100v 1.jpg
    rx 100v 1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 232
  • rx 100v 2.JPG
    rx 100v 2.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 241
  • rx100v 3.jpg
    rx100v 3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 233
  • rx 100v 4.jpg
    rx 100v 4.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 237
PRICE REDUCED TO

$1900

New Price for just the Camera and Housing:

Sony RX 100V + Fantasea housing

$900

Is your setup still for sale? Would it be possible for me to call you. My name is Tim and
I live in Vancouver Canada.I have free calling to the US. You could call me as well, my
cell number is 604 864 1445.
Thanks,
Tim

Sorry, Tim

All sold and closed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom