Recreational Trimix classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepScuba once bubbled...
It would also clear things up easier if you decided to go GUE or TDI or whatever first, as well.

Please explain...

It makes deciding the path to take easier. There wouldn't be much sense in taking TDI Nitrox, and then doing GUE for the rest....just take GUE from the get go.........or vise-versa.

Since I'm a TDI guy, I wouldn't take any GUE classes, as most of it is overlap, or it's stuff I already know, whether from courses or not.

From there it's diving, practicing, diving........

How many times can someone SHOW you how to, say, blow a bag?? From then on, you just have to do it and do it and do it.

Come to think of it, pracitice has been a while, it's time for my in-water skill check.

It makes deciding the path to take easier. There wouldn't be much sense in taking TDI Nitrox, and then doing GUE for the rest....just take GUE from the get go.........or vise-versa.

Since I'm a TDI guy, I wouldn't take any GUE classes, as most of it is overlap, or it's stuff I already know, whether from courses or not.

From there it's diving, practicing, diving........

How many times can someone SHOW you how to, say, blow a bag?? From then on, you just have to do it and do it and do it.

No one in this thread is advocating taking overlapping or repetative courses. Why do you keep harping on this?

cornfed once bubbled...

No one in this thread is advocating taking overlapping or repetative courses. Why do you keep harping on this?

Because its fun :). OK Really, he does have a point that (assuming you like the instruction you are receiving) that your better off staying with the same cert agency for your training to avoid duplication.

You said explain!!!!

So I did!!!

In fact my only point was to this Rec-triox course, that it's overlapping other existing course....or more correctly UNDERlapping.

That was all!

Just like TDI Ext Range.

Selling a course/card for the sake of $$$$. O sure, the course "desription" will paint a different picture for sure, but it's underlapping.

That's all!

Please, don't ask me to explain, and then pee-pee on me for explaining.

You gave me this hypothetical diver situation!

You said explain!!!!

So I did!!!

In fact my only point was to this Rec-triox course, that it's overlapping other existing course....

Which isn't a valid point.

Please, don't ask me to explain, and then pee-pee on me for explaining.

So it's my fault you didn't explain your position to my satisfaction?

You gave me this hypothetical diver situation!

To which you said that the individual in question should seek out the bare minimum of training necessary. You went on to say that if they want more training, they should (assuming they want GUE training) take Tech 1 and skip the "overlap" between it and Rec Triox. Are you even aware of relationship between Rec Triox and Tech 1?

Like I said, it's not my fault you can't explain your position.

DeepScuba,

Other than Tech 1 which requires considerably more experience than Rec Triox, what exactly is it underlapping?

As I understand it the step from the current DIRF to Tech 1 is huge. This might not have been so with the old style DIRF (quite honestly I don't know), I'm not sure that providing a course to fill in some of the blanks without requiring you to become a proficient technical diver is a bad thing.

I went into Triox with no short term intention to become a tech diver. In fact I was more interested in the classroom material than the dives. As it happens I was very happy with the course contents on both fronts (classroom and diving). And to put that in persepective I didn't get the card.

I'm not suggesting you take Triox, clearly you believe that you've gotten to the point in your diving where you would get nothing from it. I strongly believe however that there a lot of divers out there who would get a lot out of it.

And just an observation, but for someone who's never taken a GUE class and who's only exposure to the Rectriox course is the course description on a web site, you have an awfull lot to say about it.

Heh Heh Heh

(To m'buddy cornfed)

UNDERlapping (My newest coined phrase...to use it is 10 cent a minute)

Rec_triox Underlaps Tech 1

As in, if'n you's gonna do Tech 1, then don't bother with Rec_Triox

It's really that simple. Anyone interested enough in DIRf will probably go onto Tech 1, or never do another class with GUE again.

As far as the "Class work" is concerned, you can get it for free.............heck, it's all a click away from your current spot on the chair.

It's live, accurate and playing in Stereo.

I have Ba-Zillions of downloaded video of real-life DIR-Dudes telling us all they know.

The rest only comes from YOU diving and training.

I would definitely take the GUE Triox course. If you ask before hand they will use the Triox course as the first part of Tech 1. I teach TDI classes and after being exposed to GUE's methods I’ve since adopted quite a few of them in my teaching. Any agency’s class for Nitrox does not even come close to the Triox course, it’s well worth the money and much more practicle than any sit around a table nitrox course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom