Recreational diving weekiwachi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

00wabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife just got OW certified. We are looking for somewhere simple to dive together so she can practice a little before we get to the keys. She always wanted to be a mermaid at Weekiwachee so this could be a cool place for her to dive. Do you know of any shops or instructors that can take us there mid-April?

Below are a list of current participating dive shops that are registered to bring divers to Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. They are in no particular order. Please visit the dive shop nearest you for information and pricing.
~ Good Roll Model Inc.
260 Sweetgum Court
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
(727) 278-6540
www.scubadiveinstruction.com

~ Adventures Under the Sea
4218 Henderson Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33629
(813) 875-2376
www.adventuresunderthesea.com

~ Rock Bottom Divers
2109 Main Street
Dunedin, FL 34698
(727) 733-1919

~ Mac's Sports
2126 Drew St.
Clearwater, FL
(727) 442-9931

~ Columbia Scuba LLC
2645 Alpine Rd.
Columbia, SC
(803) 788-9166

~ Beach City Scuba
4515 S. Leisure Blvd.
Lecanto, FL 34461
(352) 503-7989
www.beachcityscuba.com
support@beachcityscuba.com

~ Depth Perception Dive Center, LLC
4015 W. Gandy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33611
(813) 689-3483
www.depthperception.com

~ Narcosis Scuba
Tarpon Springs, FL
(727) 934-6474

~ Team Ecco
511 N. Main St.
Hendersonville, NC
(828) 692-8386
Source: WeekiWachee.com - Diving

If you are in Key Largo and she is nervous about stepping off a boat and wants to practice bouyancy and the like you could always do a couple warm up dives at Jules in Key Largo. A lagoon with tanks, etc. Lot of OW training is done there.

Thanks - I saw that. I was hoping for some personal experience. Or even an instructor not tied to a shop before I started calling around.

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2014 at 07:19 PM ----------

If you are in Key Largo and she is nervous about stepping off a boat and wants to practice bouyancy and the like you could always do a couple warm up dives at Jules in Key Largo. A lagoon with tanks, etc. Lot of OW training is done there.

Thanks Steve_C We might just do that.

My son and myself used Beach City a couple of years ago shortly after certification. Lovely people and a great low tempo dive in a unique spot. The canyon is really impressive. Well worth doing once, especially early in your career. It got me very interested in our springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom