Recreational Dive helmets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Billy

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies that make dive helmets for the recreational diver. Somthing similar to Oceanreef's "Neptune". I was also wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I might find out more information on the advanced technology in diving helmets. Thank you in advance for your knowledge!

Actually, what I was refing to was a dive helmet like a Kirby Morgan superlight series. Is there a company who makes these (that are not as bulky and have advanced technology features) for recreational divers?
Thanks.

Not so light weight and bulky somewhat define the nature of this equipment. I don't know that I would describe any of these hats as "advanced technology", more like specialized equipment for a different application. They are more designed for function, performance and reliability in harsh environments and for surface supplied gas.

What features and capabilities are you seeking? Communications? Environmental protection? Specific physiological issues you need to adapt?

The capabilities I seek are communication and computer readings like depth, tank monitoring, ect...is there anything out there like that or areas where I can get more information?

I am not banging my head on anything. I was just wondering if there was a company that made helmets for recreational divers that were equiped with a communication device (hearing and speaking) and other computer technology. Basically, one helmet that does it all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom