Recommended Boracay Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
dove in Boracay once with a diveshop i have no plans diving with again.

can anybody recommend a diveshop? preferably near station 1 so my companion doesn't have to drag his dive gear from one station to the other?

thanks, benj.

no, that is not the shop. i'll look it up

is calypso in station 1 or between station 1 and 2 , coya caloi?

I second Calypso. don't remember exactly where it was located. think pretty close to tourist center...

I'm not sure of the location, but I highly recommend Calypso. My wife is Korean and there is a Korean dive shop on the island, so we considered having her do her Discovery Scuba there and thereby not have any language problems. But they didn't have a pool to practice in and Calypso has that nice pool right on the beach....so I went and talked to them and explained that her english ability is pretty good but asked if I could sit through it with her to make sure she understood everything.

They were fine with that and the course went fine. We had a great dive together after she'd gone through the classroom and pool activities. I can't remember the instructors name but he was extremely nice and patient with my wife. It was great because she was nervous. The year before I'd taken her horseback riding and had to tell her over and over how safe it was. Murphy's Luck, she was thrown through the air and then the horse turned and did a bit of bucking over her. The horses' hooves landed between her arm and torso...between her legs...etc...and amazingly she wasn't hit.

When I told her diving was safe she gave me a very level look and asked, "Like riding horses?" But, calypso gave her a great experience and she's taken to scuba completely. Though she said she'll never go horseback riding again.

Fisheye Divers. They're small but have some of the most experienced divers and boatmen on Boracay. You'll see lots of little, hard to find stuff if you dive with Carlos or Peter. I'm not sure of the station numbers but they're near the one farthest north. Anyway, you can leave your gear locked up at the shop.
I was just there and it's changed a lot. Only a few divers there that were there in 99. Victory is good too and still have the same staff and divers. Most shops couldn't find Friday's Rock without the buoys. Try to find one that knows where Yapak 1 is...good luck.
Aquarius is shutting down from what I could tell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom