Recommendations on dive resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions, I do enjoy looking up the ones I haven't heard of.
Tomorrow I'm off to the cabin and have a bunch of days filled with work, (4 letter word), so I probably won't be back for awhile, but I will check in, thanks again!

Diversteve, Thanks, I'm actually surprised that no one suggested the other Belizean Atolls, I do know of them, in fact almost turned right around after the trip to Huracan, and went back to Belize and Turneffe, (the LDS was going and had a late cancellation.) But I do want to try somewhere else, I started diving in Belize in 1990, the only place I've been more often is Cozumel, and that is because of cheap, easy flights for us. (Belize is double the price.)
As for the Bahamas, thats another place I've heard really mixed reviews on. As a topside vacation, it sounds ideal, just not sure of the diving.
As for diving any of the Turneffe Reefs in lieu of staying with Lighthouse Reefs, you may want to read my recent trip report and the confirmation in there from a few others. Belize Aggressor III Trip Report – April 21-28

Does the rental gear at the different dive resorts vary by the resort, or am I more likely to find the same manufacturer at many of these places?

Does the rental gear at the different dive resorts vary by the resort, or am I more likely to find the same manufacturer at many of these places?
The gear at each dive resort will vary both in terms of manufacturer and how well it is maintained. Most dive shops will have "name brand" gear from the larger dive gear companies, but they certainly do not all carry the same gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom