Recommendations for GUE tech 1 instructor anywhere in the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend Annika for a class - one improvement goal of mine is to talk louder about my self :yeahbaby:

Anyway - a bit of a joke (but has some truth as well)

In regards to make a choice of instructor, I think it is important to try to find out as much as you can yourselves - and not relaying too much on what others say. All are great instructors for GUE but personality, pre hand info, flexibility, experience, logistics - may vary. Try also to find out where you want to take the class.
In terms of helium - I think Norway is one of the better deals around, and also Croatia with good package delas.

Good luck 🍀

Annika@gue.com

I recommend Annika for a class - one improvement goal of mine is to talk louder about my self :yeahbaby:

In regards to make a choice of instructor, I think it is important to try to find out as much as you can yourselves - and not relaying too much on what others say. All are great instructors for GUE but personality, pre hand info, flexibility, experience, logistics - may vary. Try also to find out where you want to take the class.
In terms of helium - I think Norway is one of the better deals around, and also Croatia with good package delas.

Good luck 🍀

Annika@gue.com
I Recommend Annika and Norway too!!!

Good luck 🍀

Annika@gue.com

Hello Annika,

Do you have a website for yourself detailing the training programs you offer?

Also, what type of diving is available in Norway? Is there good diving there (not just training) for an underwater photographer to do?

Hello Annika,

Do you have a website for yourself detailing the training programs you offer?

Also, what type of diving is available in Norway? Is there good diving there (not just training) for an underwater photographer to do?
Hi,

Yes this is giving an overview:

Yes for sure Norway 🇳🇴 has some good diving, also for photographers and wreck enthusiasts. Depends a bit what the timeframe is and the location, but Saltstraumen and Narvik are high light spots.

👌🏻😊🇳🇴

Hi,

Yes this is giving an overview:

👌🏻😊🇳🇴

I have recorded your page to contact when I am ready. I am in Libya, do you run courses closer to me in North Africa or Mediterranean (Malta perhaps)?

Yes for sure Norway 🇳🇴 has some good diving, also for photographers and wreck enthusiasts. Depends a bit what the timeframe is and the location, but Saltstraumen and Narvik are high light spots.

Is this a good place?

I have recorded your page to contact when I am ready. I am in Libya, do you run courses closer to me in North Africa or Mediterranean (Malta perhaps)?

Yes it is an amazing place - Also for photography and tech diving.

Yes for sure, Egypt and Mediterranean incl Malta is possible yes.
Is this a good place?

Is this a good place?
Yes. Gulen will give you good wrecks and nice naturedives!

Can one go to Tech 1 directly from fundies (with tech. Pass) without requiring a number of dives in between?
Yes you can but it's not really a good idea...all those skills need to be on Auto-Pilot when you'll be in Tech 1...your platform needs to be solid while dealing with a bunch of failures...oh and work your ascent, because your buoyancy "in the blue" will be challenged...

Hi everyone,

I have a Fundies tech pass and am looking to progress into tech 1 in GUE. I am aware that there are so many incredible instructors: Guy Shockey, Mario Arena, Gideon Liew, Richard Walker, Bob Sherwood, John Kendall and many, many others. Wanted to tap into this community to get recommendations from people who've actually taken a class with some of them.

One thing is that they are legendary divers and quality instructors, but would love to know things that are not readily apparent in their CVs such as how patient/ supportive they are, do they go the extra mile to help students get it or follow a more sink or swim approach, do they keep a positive vibe or easily show frustration/ anger. I am flexible to travel anywhere in the world, and may even prefer it for a "full immersion" diving experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bob Sherwood, fabulous instructor, very patient. . I did Fundies with him in 2009 (I didn't pass, but I only had 25 dives at the time)

Or Heisen Chak, highly recommend. GUE Instructor resumé

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom