Recommendations for Checking in Camera Gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I drilled two holes in the side if the hard cap and put a loop of paracord (with 2 knots) through them. I can take the hard cap off underwater and store ut wuth a double-ender on my waist d-ring.
I've been trying to figure out how to create an attachment point on my WWL-1 hard cap for removing it underwater. Care to share a picture? :)

I just got the WWL-1 and hard cap but on my Inon hard cap it came with two sets of approximately 1/8 inch holes and about 1/8 inch apart. I just tie a piece of cave line through one hole, back out the other and tie a knot and burn it. The cave line cannot then pull though. I use a plastic bolt snap on the other end or sometimes just tie the line to the handles/tray. It wil float around so I usually wind it. I have thought to use a small retractor to the tray, may still. Might be one place a retractor is useful. I plan to drill the holes mimicking the Inon hard cap for lien attachment.

N

I've been trying to figure out how to create an attachment point on my WWL-1 hard cap for removing it underwater. Care to share a picture? :)
Sorry, I thought I'd sent these pix....I used paracord.
20200107_152506.jpg
20200107_152544.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I wonder if the inner knots need to be placed properly (specifically) so they don't interfere with the cap locking onto the lens or if it doesn't matter?
Yes, it matters. it is easy to look inside the cap and see where you would interfere with the locking. Avoid those places. Hey, the worst that happens is you have to drill some more holes....

Yes, it matters. it is easy to look inside the cap and see where you would interfere with the locking. Avoid those places. Hey, the worst that happens is you have to drill some more holes....
If you're saying that yours works and doesn't interfere with the locking, then I'll just use your photo as a guide and mimic that. Thanks!

If you're saying that yours works and doesn't interfere with the locking, then I'll just use your photo as a guide and mimic that. Thanks!
Yeah, it works fine. Can't imagine why it took me so long to think of it.....very handy.

Not the same but similar, the Inon solution:

IMG-0151.jpg

SFWIIW, I am duplicating this on my WWL-1 hard cover.

I think the solution to checking camera gear is not to. My irreplaceable Kraken DH regs and my camera gear ride with me even if I have to hold them in my lap.

N

:cheers:

Attachments

• 0FCABC9A-48AB-4FF3-8164-AD8A3CF55E7D.jpeg
    0FCABC9A-48AB-4FF3-8164-AD8A3CF55E7D.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 87

Back
Top Bottom