Recommendations for Checking in Camera Gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a big fan of these Samsonite suitcases. Hardshell, gasketed and no zipper that can be exploited. Nothing is foolproof but these are as close as you can get to Pelican cases without the weight and obvious contents of value enclosed look. They also hold up structurally when they end up at the bottom of the luggage pile in the plane or shuttle vehicle.

https://www.samsonite.ca/brands/sam...collection&prefv1=Samsonite+F'Lite+GT&start=1

Sigh! With the hard cap over the lens I won't be able to do a selfie going into the water. I'll have to figure out a different cameo appearance for my videos.
Water goes on the back of the lens you need an oring and the m67 mount to seal it. Not recommended.
Hard cap you can put on a lanyard and decide when to take on and off. The lens is very heavy once enclosed in the hard cap there are no chances of scratching the back is solid aluminium coated

Pray

I'm a big fan of these Samsonite suitcases. Hardshell, gasketed and no zipper that can be exploited. Nothing is foolproof but these are as close as you can get to Pelican cases without the weight and obvious contents of value enclosed look. They also hold up structurally when they end up at the bottom of the luggage pile in the plane or shuttle vehicle.

https://www.samsonite.ca/brands/samsonite/samsonite-flite-gt-27"-spinner/40858XXXX.html?dwvar_40858XXXX_color=408581041&cgidmaster=hardsideluggage#prefn1=collection&prefv1=Samsonite+F'Lite+GT&start=1
I’m also looking at aluminium luggage, which are slightly heavier. I should have plenty of baggage allowance on international flights thanks to the OneWorld frequent flyer program. It’s the domestic flight following an international flight where baggage allowance will be a problem. I suppose some excess baggage will be inevitable.

Water goes on the back of the lens you need an oring and the m67 mount to seal it. Not recommended.
Hard cap you can put on a lanyard and decide when to take on and off. The lens is very heavy once enclosed in the hard cap there are no chances of scratching the back is solid aluminium coated
Thanks

CW, I don't know if you are planning to get the WWL-1 float collar or not, but if you do, the lens with the collar installed will fit in the Nauticam case for the lens, if you remove the foam insert. The hard cap can be on the kens, too. I drilled two holes in the side if the hard cap and put a loop of paracord (with 2 knots) through them. I can take the hard cap off underwater and store ut wuth a double-ender on my waist d-ring.

CW, I don't know if you are planning to get the WWL-1 float collar or not, but if you do, the lens with the collar installed will fit in the Nauticam case for the lens, if you remove the foam insert. The hard cap can be on the kens, too. I drilled two holes in the side if the hard cap and put a loop of paracord (with 2 knots) through them. I can take the hard cap off underwater and store ut wuth a double-ender on my waist d-ring.
Mel,

I had omitted to order the float collar. Will do so today. Thanks for the tip about the hard cap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom