Recommendations for Checking in Camera Gear.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

float collar and hard cap are a must together with the bayonet system due to the bulk of the item as previously noted
I have screw threads installed on my WWL-1 by my LDS who envisaged a direct mount onto the port. I figured that I can use it with my M67 flip diopter holder. The M67 flip diopter holder can be left on on at all times allowing me to switch between the WWL-1 and SMC-1. Using the WWL-1 with the flip holder should allow me to clear air bubbles trapped behind the WWL-1 quite easily.

Is there any advantage to the bayonet mount system?

I have the flip holder and on land it will not hold the weight of the WWL-1 without inducing considerable torque on the thread. Besides the nauticam flip holder is designed for lenses that have a protruding rear lens so the wwl-1 will not sit as close as it should be with that configuration
Am not sure who advised you but the bayonet mount is pretty much the standard recommended by nauticam themselves. You can get bayonet adapters for the cmc smc etc that is a much better option

I have the flip holder and on land it will not hold the weight of the WWL-1 without inducing considerable torque on the thread. Besides the nauticam flip holder is designed for lenses that have a protruding rear lens so the wwl-1 will not sit as close as it should be with that configuration
Am not sure who advised you but the bayonet mount is pretty much the standard recommended by nauticam themselves. You can get bayonet adapters for the cmc smc etc that is a much better option
Many thanks. I’ll look at the bayonet route for the WWL-1.

CW, I have the bayonet on my WWL-1 and on my CMC, and bayonet docks on my carbon-fiber float arms, one each. I store the lens on the float arms when I'm not using them. I actually enter the water (and exit) with the WWL-1 on the port, because it all handles and balances better.

CW, I have the bayonet on my WWL-1 and on my CMC, and bayonet docks on my carbon-fiber float arms, one each. I store the lens on the float arms when I'm not using them. I actually enter the water (and exit) with the WWL-1 on the port, because it all handles and balances better.
Mel,

I was not intending to get bayonet dock but will keep them in mind fir the future.

Many thanks

I have the GH5 with a 14-42 mm lens and two Keldan video 4X lights. I will be using the WWL-1 with float collar or the SMC-1 but not both on the same dive.

I’m intending to get two float arms. Can anyone give an indication of how much float I will need?

The local Keldan dealer says that each Keldan Video 4X is 0.2kg negative in water, so that is 0.4kg negative for my video lights. Does anyone know negative the GH5 is in the Nauticam housing?

It depends a lot on the port being used. Best recommendation is to get a luggage scale and a strap to support the complete rig and weigh it in water - fully submerged and not touching bottom or sides. Fresh water is fine as long as you end up 100gr or so negative in fresh.

It depends a lot on the port being used. Best recommendation is to get a luggage scale and a strap to support the complete rig and weigh it in water - fully submerged and not touching bottom or sides. Fresh water is fine as long as you end up 100gr or so negative in fresh.
Many thanks. Am looking around for luggage scales. A couple of luggage shops that I have already checked are sold out, probably due to the Christmas holidays. But I’m sure I’ll find one soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom