Recommendations for best reader/gauge reader masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMG_2020a.jpg

How geeky is this?
+2 diopter on the bottom, +1 diopter on top.

I’ve recently learned that a Shearwater Nerd doesn’t require readers. Surely the answer is that you need a Nerd.

I’ve recently learned that a Shearwater Nerd doesn’t require readers. Surely the answer is that you need a Nerd.

Nerd doesn’t help with the Pygmy Seahorses or anemone shrimps.

Nerd doesn’t help with the Pygmy Seahorses or anemone shrimps.
Perhaps, but the OP noted seeing his gauges was the issue, not seeing Pygmy Seahorses.

Perhaps, but the OP noted seeing his gauges was the issue, not seeing Pygmy Seahorses.

No question...but unless you're blessed with hyperopia yourself, you would recognize the folly of your solution. :wink:

I have been using glass lenses from Trident along with liquid UV LOCA adhesive for many years . Throw away the Trident adhesive. Once set these should be considered permanent, although they can be removed with quite a bit of difficulty. UV LOCA glue is commonly used for cell phone screen repair.

Once installed properly, glass add on lenses will last the lifetime of the mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom