Recommendations for best reader/gauge reader masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the Tusa ceos mask.

These lenses fit many masks inc particular models of generics, Scubapro, Dive rite.........

something like up to +4.5 and down to -8 or something in .5 measurements

and various gauge readers

under fifty bucks each

These lenses fit many masks inc particular models of generics, Scubapro, Dive rite.........

something like up to +4.5 and down to -8 or something in .5 measurements

and various gauge readers

under fifty bucks each
Sorry, I've lost the plot. Which is it that you are recommending?

Thanks

Bought a cheap pair of stick on gauge readers (the ones you install wet and let dry). Toothpick and a little silicone sealant. Problem solved.
Is the strength you used on land the same as the strength you used in your mask? I am considering purchasing these but not sure what strength.

I tried the Dive Rite bifocal readers. I liked the position and quality of the bifocal inserts, but did not like the mask overall. It was comfortable enough, but the main lenses are quite small, resulting in a restricted field of view compared to my Tusa Freedom HD, so I returned the Dive Rites.

I have since found that the Trident Diveoptyx stick-ons work well for me—easy to apply, stay on, optically good enough. I had previously tried the Trident glue-ons, but they kept coming off after a few dives. The Diveoptyx have stayed on for dozens of dives so far. The trick seems to be to allow at least 24 hours to dry after application.
Do you use the same reader strength in your mask as you use on dry land? I am considering getting these but not sure what strength to use.

I got this from Piranha Dive with lenses for under $70.
Piranha Fish Eyes Mask
I think there is a 4/3 magnification factor in water so you can use a strength 3/4 of your normal reader strength. However, I’m not an optician, optometrist, or ophthalmologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

Do you use the same reader strength in your mask as you use on dry land? I am considering getting these but not sure what strength to use.

Yes, same strength as topside. Many dives later the Diveoptyx stick-ons are still stuck tight and working well.

Back
Top Bottom