Recommendations dive ops + hotels Baja California Sur 3 weeks Feb-March 2025

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tentatively I am thinking:

10-12 nights La Paz (perhaps a dive+stay package with Buceo Carey? + 1 day trip to Puerto Chale for the gray whales)

6-8 nights Cabo Pulmo (need to find a dive center + accommodation)

Would any of you have recommendations as for a dive center and for accommodation in Cabo Pulmo?

Check out my post here for detail:

For a chance at diving with sea lions...that would be off La Paz, correct?

And for a chance of either snorkelling or diving with whale sharks...that would also be off La Paz?
Yes, the best sea lion diving is the breeding colony at Los Islotes - about a 90 min boat trip from La Paz. Very interactive pups. I also did a non-scuba boat tour to Espiritu Santo, which included snorkeling at Los Islotes, and an afternoon at a pristine beach on Espiritu Santo, and that was worthwhile. There is also a smaller bachelor sea lion colony at San Rafaelito lighthouse which is a shorter boat ride (~30 min) but not as good.

Only snorkeling with whale sharks, no diving, and yes from La Paz. A much shorter boat trip.

10 days in La Paz is a pretty long stay. Profmason mentioned that there are limited good dive sites - i wouldnt know, i only did 2 dives -- but I tend to think he's right. However, I would be fine with doing Los Islotes a couple of times. La Paz itself isnt really a resort town, so not that many sights, but it is an AMAZING food town, especially seafood, so you will be feasting.

Tentatively I am thinking:

10-12 nights La Paz (perhaps a dive+stay package with Buceo Carey? + 1 day trip to Puerto Chale for the gray whales)

6-8 nights Cabo Pulmo (need to find a dive center + accommodation)

Would any of you have recommendations as for a dive center and for accommodation in Cabo Pulmo?
Hello Topper,

Our dive company provide services with high quality standards in cabo pulmo

www.bajadivexperiences.com

You can also write us at whatsapp number: +52(624)132-6413

thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom