Baja California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esmehelen

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going on a trip to Mexico end of march/beginning of April, and I'm weighing up diving in La Paz or Cabo Pulmo (both isn't an option!), also welcome to hear other options in Baja California Sur. I know it will be cold but I'm from the UK so that doesn't bother me. I just want to choose the best site as I probably won't be going back!

La Paz and Cabo Pulmo are both fantastic dives with slightly different experiences. La Paz is the capital of Baja so lots of amenities and hotels. The dives have lots of life but can be far boat rides from the marinas. Cabo Pulmo dive sites are minutes from the shore, the boats are dropped in off trailers on the beach. Cabo Pulmo has limited amenities as its a national park site. I have been to La Paz twice and Cabo Pulmo once, my next trip will be to Cabo Pulmo.

La Paz and Cabo Pulmo are both fantastic dives with slightly different experiences. La Paz is the capital of Baja so lots of amenities and hotels. The dives have lots of life but can be far boat rides from the marinas. Cabo Pulmo dive sites are minutes from the shore, the boats are dropped in off trailers on the beach. Cabo Pulmo has limited amenities as its a national park site. I have been to La Paz twice and Cabo Pulmo once, my next trip will be to Cabo Pulmo.

If you have a choice between La Paz & Cabo Pulmo, which one would you go?

I’m setting up a trip for diving in Socorro, snorkeling in Magdalena Bay to see striped Marlin and have 3 days of diving in Sea of Cortez. I am considering to do that in either La Paz or Cabo Pulmo.

Ive never been to Cabo Pulmo. La Paz is probably better in terms of non-diving things. Its a nice mid-size town with AMAZINGLY GOOD food, especially seafood, and more amenities, I believe.

As far as the diving, as noted, La Paz has longer boat rides. Its most popular dive is probably los Islotes, to frolic with the sea lions. Very fun. Thats about a 90 min boat ride.

Reactions: Dan
If you have a choice between La Paz & Cabo Pulmo, which one would you go?

I’m setting up a trip for diving in Socorro, snorkeling in Magdalena Bay to see striped Marlin and have 3 days of diving in Sea of Cortez. I am considering to do that in either La Paz or Cabo Pulmo.
If you want to go to the sea lion colony at Los Islotes then La Paz, however Cabo Pulmo has the schools of Jacks and sometimes Bull Sharks. My next trip back will be Cabo Pulmo for the adventure of it.

Back
Top Bottom