Recommendation for someone to tune Scubapro D300/D400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emmagee

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have several Scubapro D300/D350/D400 second stages that I would like to have tuned. I have seen DA Aquamasters' name mentioend several times as a very knowledgable tech for this series, but since he has not responded to any of my PM's I can only assume he is no longer tuning these or has not been on the board lately.

Are there any other resident regulator techs. who are guru's on these regulators? I am in Dallas, TX, but certainly do not mind sending these units out for tuning.

Thanks much for any recommendations!

I too am interested inthe D400. I would also like to know the diference between the D400/D350/D300.

I used to love tuning the D400, You guys can PM me with any questions.

I have not gotten a PM from emmagee anytime in the last couple months so something may be haoppening to prevent it being sent properly.

Tuning is not a problem but I am currently parts challenged as I am not actively working for a shop at the moment so if it needs parts I end up cutting into my personal stock.

----

The D300 used a lever made from smaller diameter wire than the D350. The D300 and early D350 also used the D300 case while the later production D350 used the same case as the D400. This means late production D350;s can be cheaply upgraded to D400 status while early D300's cannot be upgraded as inexpensively. The good news is that the D300, D350 and D400 all breathe extremely well and an upgrade is not required.

The D350 lever is also a bit longer than the lever used on the D300 and the D400 uses one of two later lever designs both of which face in the opposite direction as the levers on the D300 and D350. The late production D400's use an aspirator body with a replaceable plastic orifice and these tend to be harder to tune for peak performance and the late production D400's with the last lever design seem to require slightly greater effort to sustain airflow. I am assuming this last change was done to meet the generally stupid and useless EU freeflow standards.

In any case a D300, D350 or early D400 is probably preferable to the last D400's, although all perform very well and are preferable to just about any other second stage available today.

Hello DA Aquamaster,

The last PM I sent was denied due to your mailbox being full.

couv

DA Aquamaster:
I have not gotten a PM from emmagee anytime in the last couple months so something may be haoppening to prevent it being sent properly.

Tuning is not a problem but I am currently parts challenged as I am not actively working for a shop at the moment so if it needs parts I end up cutting into my personal stock.

----

I Pm'd you some time last year regarding some service kits which I do not need but did not get a reply from you.

I was going to put them in classifieds but somehow didn't get round to doing it. PM me if you are interested.

The d400's are some of the best breathing regs ever made, and are easy to tune. The hardest part of servicing and tuning is getting the cover off. I probably have about 200 service kits and extra parts for 300/350/400.

tzeyap and sanderson diver, since I am currently not shop affiliated and use D400's for my own technical diving purposes, I would be very interested in service kits.

emmagee:
I have several Scubapro D300/D350/D400 second stages that I would like to have tuned. I have seen DA Aquamasters' name mentioend several times as a very knowledgable tech for this series, but since he has not responded to any of my PM's I can only assume he is no longer tuning these or has not been on the board lately.

Are there any other resident regulator techs. who are guru's on these regulators? I am in Dallas, TX, but certainly do not mind sending these units out for tuning.

Thanks much for any recommendations!

If you still need step-by-step tuning instructions, I can send them to you if you will PM me. They are different, but they are fantastic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom