Recommendation for a new air integrated computer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you use "2 transmitters each" for? (you mean each one of you has 2 transmitters?)

Can you still change this “pairing” if you change the wrist unit or transmitter?

Yes we have 2 transmitters each, one for our back gas and 1 for our redundant supply / deco (we've both got another 1 transmitter each on order for future deep dives)

Pairing. You assign the transmitters to a gas and tell the computer the tank size so it can work out gas time and SAC. When you switch on these transmitters come online straight away whereas with other computers you need to assign them each and every time

you can delete the gas and while the transmitter isn't assigned if the computer senses it again (if pressurised) then it will pop up again without having to go through through the pairing process

You can remove the transmitters completely or add new ones as you see fit. It's very easy

- gas list does not have a way to "disable" a gas (like the Shearwater Petrel does). So, if you do a dive with a deco gas and then follow it with a dive with no deco gas, you have to delete the deco gas from the computer. Otherwise, the computer will constantly prompt you to switch to your deco gas once you ascend to the right depth.

The Suunto is similar, what I do currently is if I'm not carrying a second mix I change the mix on the computer to something less than 21%. So the comp never bitches to change.

I'm hoping Sunnto will put a change in an upcoming firmware to allow a gas to be turned off - but so far my method works for me and is no hassle

plus1 on the ION Steel I love mine also

Pairing. You assign the transmitters to a gas and tell the computer the tank size so it can work out gas time and SAC. When you switch on these transmitters come online straight away whereas with other computers you need to assign them each and every time

What computers work like that? That would be a huge PITA. My Oceanic Atom 3.0 w/AI works the same way you describe. It was paired already when I bought it. I have never had to mess with the pairing since I bought it. Turning the tank valve on pressurizes the AI transmitter, which turns the transmitter on. If the computer is nearby and in Dive mode, it will then immediately start displaying the pressure.

I have thought about putting a transmitter on my deco bottle. But, I took the "real" SPG off that reg set and replaced it with a 1" button gauge which gives me all the info I need and the small size makes it a lot nicer. I don't think I want to add the extra size/bulk/fragility of an AI transmitter to my deco reg now.

The Suunto is similar, what I do currently is if I'm not carrying a second mix I change the mix on the computer to something less than 21%. So the comp never bitches to change.

On the H3, changing my deco gas from 80% to 20% would be more of a pain than just deleting it. Changing it from 20% back to 80% is no less work than adding a new gas and setting it to 80%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom