Recommend a Dry glove for my Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColinB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

I'm looking at adding dry gloves to my Fusion drysuit since my hands are always the first part to get cold, in or out of the water. Anybody have recommendations (pro or con) for gloves to fit to my suit? I definitely want to keep the wrist seals, and would like a positively locking glove. Easily replaceable seals would be a plus, but that's secondary to a durable and comfortable glove system. I'm currently interested in the Viking bayonet system, but I'mjust starting my research, so please let me know what you think,

thanks,
Colin

SI TECH is the way to go. You can have the cuff rings installed permanently or you quick cuffs. Also they have silicone wrist seals available now. You can install the quick cuffs yourself and put the gloves together yourself. If you follow the directions your hands will be warm and dry.

I use the Viking Bayonet Glove rings which have worked really well. The Viking system is made by SI Tech so they may be the same thing. I use Atlas 495 gloves with the rings, although Atlas 660s are used by many people. It is really a matter of finding a size that fits you well.

Bob3 has the rings: Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits

Here is a good post detailing how to install the rings: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ex...stall-dry-gloves-5-minutes-picture-heavy.html

I use the Si-Teck quick locks on the default Fusion seals. So far they work well. Note that the Quick locks system's rings are larger than the regular ST rings (compression fit). Currently using the 660 blue smurf gloves with no issues other than my wife's 'size small' gloves are a bit of an issue to initially mount on the ring (due to size of the ring).

I use the Viking bayonet system. One of the things I love about it is that, when I want to take the Fusion to somewhere warm and use it, it takes no time at all to remove the rings, or to put them back on when I get home.

SI TECH is the way to go. You can have the cuff rings installed permanently or you quick cuffs. Also they have silicone wrist seals available now. You can install the quick cuffs yourself and put the gloves together yourself. If you follow the directions your hands will be warm and dry.
The field serviceable wrist seals are the #1 thing going for the SI Tech over the Vikings.
I use the Viking bayonet system. One of the things I love about it is that, when I want to take the Fusion to somewhere warm and use it, it takes no time at all to remove the rings, or to put them back on when I get home.
You can do that with Viking and SI Tech as the glove system mounts the exact same way onto the seal.

The biggest difference between the two is how the glove mounts to the suit part. The SI Tech's snap on, but the Vikings spin on. So the Viking will not work with the replaceable seal cuff system.

Oh heck read this!
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/356859-what-glove-system.html

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank you for the advice. I went to my LDS today to ask them to order me a set of Viking bayonet rings and now I'm looking forward to diving with warm(er) hands.

thanks,
Colin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom