Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:cold:

I dove Desert Tortoise today. :cold: OMG, a 7mm farmer john, and I still had the shivers at the end of the 2nd dive.

I got their early, about 7:30am, and it wasn't even 60F yet!!! (air temp) I thought I'd made a wrong turn in Albuquerque and ended up in Colorado! :shakehead:

Smart person that I am, I keep a sweatshirt in the car and that with the bottoms of the farmer john kept me warm.

The first dive was in at 9:52am, air was 64 and the water temp was 68.7. Vis started at 5', and got progressively worse towards 55FSW. Probably 2' or 3'. Above 40 got back to 5' - 7'. Direction was due east to the 'road bed' turn, then NE.

Second dive was in at 12:04pm, air was 72 and the water temp had no change. Vis was really sucky below 50 - we lost each other (by sight). We slowly raised and again, above 40fsw, we could see 5'. Direction was due NE from the road.

I sure am glad I live about as close to San Carlos as I do to Lake Pleasant. :)

Did my deep diving certification at lake pleasant yesterday. The visibility ranged anywhere from 3ft-15ft. I was wearing a 7mm wetsuit and was comfortable. I hear that in a couple months it should get better as it cools off. I sure hope so! :D

Is anyone still diving Pleasant? No posts for nearly a week. Don

Last weekend we were out of town. This weekend I decided to get my drysuit ready for next weekend. See ya at the lake.

Last weekend we were out of town. This weekend I decided to get my drysuit ready for next weekend. See ya at the lake.

It sounds like you don't dive your drysuit year around . . . Is that correct? If so, why wouldn't one dive the drysuit year around?

Jax
-- interested in a drysuit . . .

It sounds like you don't dive your drysuit year around . . . Is that correct? If so, why wouldn't one dive the drysuit year around?

Jax
-- interested in a drysuit . . .

One might choose not to dive a drysuit at Lake Pleasant in the summer when the water temps above 30ft or so are high 80's and the air temp is over 100. I know I sometimes go back to my wetsuit in the summer with these conditions.

Karen

One might choose not to dive a drysuit at Lake Pleasant in the summer when the water temps above 30ft or so are high 80's and the air temp is over 100. I know I sometimes go back to my wetsuit in the summer with these conditions.

Karen

Forgive my ignorance -- I thought the clarity was all at depth, and the temps dropped to 60 or below?

That's one of the reasons I don't go up there -- I start shivering easily.

I dove dry until the air temp was 113 and water temp was in the mid 70's. Then I switched to my 3mm for about a month. Then just trunks and t-shirt for a while. Then back to the 3. If I was planning to go deep I'd opt for my 7.
Dry suits keep you warm(er) during the dive and keeps you warm during SI but not worth the hastle and additional weight if warming up isn't an issue.

Thanks, that's good to know, because warming up is definitely an issue with me. :)

Can't make it to the lake today. Hoping somebody can report on water temp. I know the vis probably still sucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom