Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did 3 dives today at Vista Point. Vis started at about 20' and was about 10' by the 3rd dive. Temp was about 83 until 35' where the first thermocline was. Since I did not use a suit, I was not venturing below that. Fish started to come out by the 2nd dive (0930).

I took my OW cert dives at Lake Pleasant this weekend...

I did (2) dives at Desert Tortoise on Saturday at max depth of 37'. The visibilty, due to all the students raking the bottom was about....umm say 1/2 INCH...It was baad. Had to put SPG to mask to read it. Water was 85 degree w/a Thermocline at about
33'. I briefly touched the Thermo, but does anyone know how cold is usally drops in that paticular areas Thermo ? The water on Top was 84 but significantly dipped (i did not get reading) in the Thermo.

Sunday dove 2x at What I guess is called Dougs Reef/Island/Shelf depending on the water level. This was much better vis, about 15' and same water temp. Thermo here, that someone else had went into, was at about 31', but again, no temp reading from within the Thermocline. Going to check other threads for ppl to back to Pleasant with as I can NOT WAIT to get back in the water and dive !!

Where are other locations, aside from Desert Tortoise that you can get a decent shore dive from ??

Scubeneath

Did 2 dives at Vista Point with Ron yesterday, nice dives, we hit a few thermos the first at 33-34ft then I think about 55-60ft, at 86ft the water was a brisky 63F, yep!' kinnda cold, but we had full 3mil, hood.... Vis was about 10', at some points 15', with patches of 5' if that, most of the life was in the shallows, I guess fish don't like the cold water either :D
we had a great day at the lake, hopefully I'll be able to make it out there more often.
Andres

Thanks for a great day of diving Andres....had a great time....the wall at vista point is a blast!!! Looks like you are dropping into the abyss!!!! :) Nothing more to add....but had a great time....

We are still doing the afternoon and night dives Friday the 22nd...anyone who wants to join us we are going to Vista Point....Let me know!!!

It looks like Im gonna be able to make it on the 22nd, which I'm really looking forward to. It's gonna be 3 dives right?
Andres

Great news Andres.....we are going to be there between 4:30 and 5...... and will get in with a deep dive off the wall, then two more dives shallow for the night dives....

See you then!!!

Got a few dives in over the weekend while teaching, all at Beismeyer Point. Water was a nice 84 dive rite degrees, thermocline hit at 40 feet. Vis was between crappy and 10 feet depending on when/where you looked. Saw a few decent size fish, but made off with a new pair of Oakleys I found, so in addition to some new divers for us to dive with us, the new shades made it a great weekend!

I will be making the day/dusk/night dives the 22nd as well, plus a another diver coming w/ me. Cant wait to meet you all !

I took my OW cert dives at Lake Pleasant this weekend...

Water was 85 degree w/a Thermocline at about 33'. I briefly touched the Thermo, but does anyone know how cold is usally drops in that paticular areas Thermo ? The water on Top was 84 but significantly dipped (i did not get reading) in the Thermo.

Where are other locations, aside from Desert Tortoise that you can get a decent shore dive from ??

Scubeneath

I was out there on Saturday the 16th diving from my boat and I went to 38' and the temp was still at or above 80. I wasn't there at 38' for long though. I am guessing the Termocline is around 40' probably.
Also, if you dive from the shore near Tortoise, or Beismeyer point(sp?) then it is bad vis sometimes due to being so close to the shore the and the muck on the bottom being kicked up.
If you have a boat or access to one, then there are some good spots slightly East Northeast of the 10 lane boat ramp. This would be almost due east of Desert Toirtoise area. The lake level is down so there are a few small islands showing out there where I dove from my boat last saturday.
THe visability there was about 15' to maybe 20' at times. Temp was 84 and about 80 down near 30 ' where I soent most my time.

8/31 730AM
Vista Point

Temp above thermocline - 82 degrees
Temp below 30 feet - 72 degrees and continues dropping
Visibility down to 30' - 10 feet
Visibility deeper than 30' - considerably less
Saw very few fish

Recent rain and wind has the visibility really screwed up.
Lake is down considerably (approx 4 feet since last week)

Very few people out at 700AM. Was starting to crowd as we left.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom