Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi you guys , if you go down the wall at Vista Point and keep heading west you will run into a track. My friends and I figured it must extend to the marina. at first we thought it was a rail road track , but on further investigation it seems to be some sort of an I-beem. It runs North and South. Have fun Rick P.S. If you start your dive from the table and head west to NW you will find it with no problem.

I've seen that track. I am pretty sure (not definitive) that is the track they use to move the channel marker buoys as the lake levels change.

Dove Vista Point Saturday with my son and had a good couple of dives. We set up with Bill and met Clay for the first time. Water temps and conditions were pretty good for this time of year. Since we only have 7 mils fullsuits or 3 mil shorties we opted for the latter since it was too hot at shallow depths and S.I.’s for dealing with the thicker suits. This also limited our depth to the first thermocline about 27 - 28' since my son has no body fat and does not like to colder temps. We typically followed the shoreline at this depth but would drop through the thermocline every now & then to cool down a bit. Actually at this depth we had good visibility, plenty of ambient light, saw a lot of fish for Pleasant, and long dive times (~ 70 minutes with plenty of air to spare).

We also scored a few "treasures" including a pair Spy sunglasses in perfect condition, a like new 20lb. Navy style anchor (good thing my Ranger has 44 lbs of lift), and nice dry snorkel. Finding all this stuff really has me thinking that a trip back to Humbug bay on a Monday after the weekend party crowd might yeild some fun finds.

Seeing the 40 lb + catfish was cool as well. I have heard other divers talking about seeing big cats at depth but this was the first monster I have ever seen bigger than 8 lbs. What was also interesting was the fact he was only in ~ 25'. I just wish I had brought my camera.

Anyway, Clay, it was nice to meet you and if do ever decide to try a boat dive from your Chaparral please keep me in mind. As always, Bill, it was good to see and dive with you. If you, or anyone else for that matter, are interested in doing another night dive sometime soon let me know.

MG

Dove Vista Point Saturday with my son and had a good couple of dives. We set up with Bill and met Clay for the first time. Water temps and conditions were pretty good for this time of year. Since we only have 7 mils fullsuits or 3 mil shorties we opted for the latter since it was too hot at shallow depths and S.I.’s for dealing with the thicker suits. This also limited our depth to the first thermocline about 27 - 28' since my son has no body fat and does not like to colder temps. We typically followed the shoreline at this depth but would drop through the thermocline every now & then to cool down a bit. Actually at this depth we had good visibility, plenty of ambient light, saw a lot of fish for Pleasant, and long dive times (~ 70 minutes with plenty of air to spare).

We also scored a few "treasures" including a pair Spy sunglasses in perfect condition, a like new 20lb. Navy style anchor (good thing my Ranger has 44 lbs of lift), and nice dry snorkel. Finding all this stuff really has me thinking that a trip back to Humbug bay on a Monday after the weekend party crowd might yeild some fun finds.

Seeing the 40 lb + catfish was cool as well. I have heard other divers talking about seeing big cats at depth but this was the first monster I have ever seen bigger than 8 lbs. What was also interesting was the fact he was only in ~ 25'. I just wish I had brought my camera.

Anyway, Clay, it was nice to meet you and if do ever decide to try a boat dive from your Chaparral please keep me in mind. As always, Bill, it was good to see and dive with you. If you, or anyone else for that matter, are interested in doing another night dive sometime soon let me know.

MG

Hi Mike! It was great meeting you as well!! I really like your idea of going to Humbug. I bet there are a lot of treasures on the bottom out there. If I can talk my wife into going so that my boat doesn't float away while I am under water, maybe we can organize a trip. I will see if I can coax her into it. Also, I know that there is some good diving over by the 1702 marker up the channel.

Cheers, Clay

Anyone going diving this weekend? Mike, Bill, Steve???? Anyone?? :confused:

Hey Josh:

It is probably not too likely I will be able to make it out this weekend but if it turns out that plans fall through I could be up for it. I still hope to get out for a night dive sometime soon but it won't be until next week at the earliest. Too much going on right now.

mg

Anyone going diving this weekend? Mike, Bill, Steve???? Anyone?? :confused:
Josh:

I will be available Sunday morning. 7:00 am at Vista Point?

Mike:

I'm up for a night dive Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. If interested, let me know.

Regards, Bill

I will be at Vista Point on Sunday morning at 7:00 am (west side of the boat ramp). Anyone who is interested in joining me is more than welcome.

Regards, Bill

I just got back from a two-tank dive this morning with Arron at the Spillway. Water was nice and warm above 28 feet. Below that it dropped but still felt kinda nice for a bit with the heat. From 0-18 feet there was about 15 feet vis and it dropped to 5-10 feet vis below that. All in all, the dives were nice even though we didn't see a whole lot...

Did two dives today (OW check-outs) and had a blast, warm water, lots of fish, and decent vis.
Water temp was 84ish, and we were at Biesmeyer Point (or however it's spelled!). Perfect weather this morning also didn't hurt!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom