Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My daughter and I dove Beismeyer Point 3-11-09 and 3-12-09. Water temperature was 55 and vis at least 35-40. Air temp was 80-83 with light breezes. Late in the day on 3-12 clouds of particles rolled in from deeper water. On close inspection I could see that they were some type of larvae-the dudes were dancing.

And Ed-We saw the big cat several times-My daughter loves him. And we found some interesting tree like reefs with lots of blue gills around- I won't say where.

I met Bill (PhxSki) and Josh (AzDiver23) near Vista Point on Saturday morning. What a great day for diving. VP was Diver Central with a Rescue Class going on to the left of us and divers coming and going to the right. I want to send a congrats to Laura (SeaPrincess) on her Rescue Diver certification.

Bill, Josh and I did three great dives. The visibility was awsome. We could see the sun at 115 feet! The only time I needed my dive light was to look into some crevices in the walls we dove on. We saw several good sized bass protecting their nesting sights. They're getting increasingly aggressive now which makes for some fish-nose to mask photo ops. After they decided we weren't carps or some other critter wanting to eat their eggs the bass daddys seem to relax their posture a bit.

On the first dive we descended at the dive bouy and swam east around to the wall by the boat ramp. We followed the wall to the ramp then across to the rail on the east side of the ramp. We followed the rail down to 105 feet. At some point along the way Bill found a dandy anchor. The really nice kind that folds up on one side, like the one they have on the Scubateers' boat. Since none of us need an anchor right now he left it down there for future reference. Then we worked our way back to the wall next to the ramp and harassed the bass a little more before returning to the dive bouy. Water temperature at depth was 54 degrees with no thermocline encountered. The vis was an awsome 30 - 40 feet. No dive light needed at 105 feet.

On the second dive we did a surface swim at 300 degrees for a distance of about 70 feet from the dive bouy and descended to within 40 feet of another wall. The top of the wall was at about 50 feet and the bottom was at about 75 feet. We followed the wall along to the north west and stopped when we got to 115 feet. We took a one hour surface interval between the first and second dives but it didn't take long after hitting 115 feet for our dive computers to start blinking in protest. We ascended to about 60 feet and angled back in the general direction of the dive bouy again. Vis was again awsome and there seemed to be a thermocline when we descended to the bottom of the wall but according to my VT3 it was still 55 degrees.

After another long surface interval we decided to keep the last dive to around 50 feet max. We followed the contour of the shoreline keeping at 50 feet for the trip out and ascending to about 30 feet for the swim back. The only ding on the day was from some knuckleheads fishing from a boat that was edging way to close to our dive flags. I'm told that the guts-up instructor from the rescue class "schooled" the boaters on the finer points of dive flag etiquette while we were swimming with the fishes. The boaters were gone when we surfaced.

We had a great day of diving. And to top it off, on my way home, I found out that my oldest son, Matt and his wife, Jena just finished their confined water dives and will be open water certified by the time I see them in April. They're in North Carolina so the water temps are about the same there as they are here right now.

Steve.

Thanks steve for the congrats...it was a great class and Gary is an awesome instructor..his wife was the perfect diver in distress victim! LOL Your summary was perfect. I was amazed at how the fish were dive bombing us. I pointed at a bass and it actually bit my gloved finger and spit it out as if to say..you can leave now! Your right visibility was incredible...As for the fisherman they were saying "I can't believe those idiots are diving right by our poles" So they were educated on how far they should be from our flags. It certainly was another beautiful day of diving at the lake. I went thurs, fri and sat and all three days were perfect!

Wondering if anyone is diving pleasant this coming sunday, please let me know(send me a pm) I really want to get out there for a couple of dives since the conditions are so good.
Andres

Hi Andres!!! We need to get some dives in soon!!! Sunday won't work for me but may be a monday or friday would work??

It certainly was another beautiful day of diving at the lake. I went thurs, fri and sat and all three days were perfect!

You get to dive more than me! It isn't fair!! Waaahaaa!! :frown:

Hi Andres!!! We need to get some dives in soon!!! Sunday won't work for me but may be a monday or friday would work??
Hi Ron, I'm off on Friday the 27th so I would love to get out there for a couple of dives, Let me know if that works so we figure out the time.

I just have a serious addiction steve! LOL I did a night dive afterwork wednesday and saw several catfish. Water felt warmer but gauges said 53. Did two dives today noticed vis is changing lots of floaty stuff in the water but still a good 20 feet and lots of bass. Was at vista point again. There is a really nice couple camping there. They are there all week and were great shore support yelling at the boaters getting to close or driving to fast and they kept fishers away from us too. so if anyone goes this weekend say hello to them. I would go tomorrow but kids are out of school and have things they want to do so i won't be back until saturday on the scubateers. I will be doing my dive number 50 from the boat.

Back
Top Bottom