Recent Lake Pleasant conditions/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

home.php
[/IMG]
A couple of us hit Beismeyer point yesterday. Wind made the water chopping first thing in the morning but we still have about 20' of vis with temps of 52. We found the first of Capt Pete's Christmas trees in 39' of water and finding a bigger bunch at 44'. Some small bluegills have taken to the trees, but not a lot yet.
All in all a good day to have been diving

Stephen

Dove DT on Saturday and the vis was the best I have seen it in a long time on that side of the lake. Bottom temp was 53 - 55 at 55 feet. I only saw a single cat-fish which we scared as we swam over it. Wore a 7mil with a hood and vest, got a little chilly at the end of the dive, 81 minutes total run time for the dive.:shocked2:
Warmed up on deco at the Crazy Horse over beer and burgers. Over all a great dive and a great day to dive.

Dove the cove just south of where the water meets the road on Desert Tortoise Road. It is the peninsula just off to the east of the road. Dove the south side.

Wind was blowing from the West. While most of the lake had chop, our little cove was fairly protected.

Water temp was in 50s.

There was a lot of Algae Moss between 5 feet and 18 feet.

We started our dive in a westerly direction. Came to a nice wall with a few trees in the area in about 35 feet. Saw several bass and a large catfish that scurried away each time we tried to make a positive ID.

Continuing towards the south, we hit kind of a flat spot in the mid 40 foot area. Finally, on our left side, we found another nice little wall in about 42 feet of water. Had a nice sand channel at the bottom.

Ended the dive at 15 feet doing our stop over the Algae Moss. Saw several small black fish playing in the plant-life.

At around 1000AM there were about a dozen fisherman lined up along the cove fishing ... all in the wrong spots.

Visibility was spectacular. The sun was bright, no clouds and I am guessing 40 feet of visibility in the shallows. At 45 feet there was no less than 30 feet of visibility and clear of any algae floating in the water. It looked like drinking water -- it was that clear. Of course, a fin across the bottom and you would be in zero vis. There was plent of silt on the bottom.

Very nice dive!

jcf

Home Page - Academy of Scuba: Phoenix AZ - Advanced Dive Training

Have to check my schedule, I might be up from a night dive this week.

Out at Vista Point today with John and Brian. This was the first time on that side of the lake for me. The weather was sunny and a cool 68*F with a water temp of 52*. Visibility was an incredible 40'+. This was the clearest I have ever seen the lake. Said hello to Bill and Mike on the way in. They dove off the picnic table and surfaced over by us near the wall. All in all a great day of diving.

Rob is right. The water clarity at Pleasant this last Saturday is the best I have seen in the last three years I have been diving there. I wish my pool was that clear right now.

This time of the year in the past the water has always cleared up decent but we have often found the need for a dive light at depths of 60 - 80 feet just to cut through the erie dark green. Bill and I hit 110' in the trench off Vista Point and still found it well lit by ambient light. I really was really amazing. Unfortunately, it also it gives you a well light view of all the trash strewn about on the bottom. Although I did find and boat prop and cavitation plate that will be going on ebay soon.

Incidentally, I have yet to completely make the sociological profile connnection, but based on the evidence I have seen the slobs of the earth seem to prefer Corona's or Bud Light.

The bass as starting to spawn which is also cool to see. They will agressively swim up to you to protect their nests. I thought Bill was going to go 3 rounds with one that would not leave us alone.

Water temps ranged from 53 - 56 on my computer.

IMO even the ocean elitist divers would enjoy a trip there now. The water is bearable, the visiblity is almost amazing for a lake-giving you so much more to see, and the fish spawn can let you see and get close to mother nature.

mg

Another great day of diving at Lake Pleasant. Both the weather and water quality could not have been better. It's really worth a trip to the lake if you havn't been out there in a while.

Did two dives with Mike ("Rudebob") at Vista Point on Saturday morning. On the first, we followed the contour of the shore line west to the point where John was conducting a class with Rob and another fella I haven't met. After chewing the fat for a few minutes, we were on our way.

On the second dive, we went north again following the contour of the shore along the wall west of the boat ramp. We proceeded down the ramp noting assorted boat and trailer parts.

On the way back, proceeding in roughly a southeasterly direction, we hit another wall at about 100'. What was amazing is that even at that depth, there was more than ample light.

Thanks Mike

Regards, Bill

Last edited:
Weds. I had a chance to head out on the lake on a friends boat. Our first stop was the now famous Cardinals Island. Hitting the water, I took a moment to adjust the strobes on my camera and then wondered where my buddy swam off to. Despite 25' of vis I could not spot him. I guess in this case it was fortunate that he is a bottom huger. All I had to do was spot his silt trail and follow it to him. We met up again at 60' and he proceeded to head deep. At 102' the vis was not as good as it was two weeks ago when I was last here with the Scubateers. Still all in all a good dive, but personally I would rather stay shallower and have more bottom time.

On our second dive we headed to Pipe Line Cove. Jim was here over the weekend with the Scubateers and wanted to show us a cavern he found at about 60' down. Whilst we did not find the cavern the cliffs and trees around this area is spectacular. I managed to get Jim to pose by a tree at 84' with at least 30' of vis. Latter when I was working on my pictures at home I noticed that the sun was visible in the shots.

All in all a great day of diving

Stephen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom