Rec Vs. Technical???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i said 32% for 30 min at 100ft

VPM-B +0 still gives 3 minutes at 10' with that profile, but it's close enough that I'm sure one could find a table somewhere that called it an NDL dive.

VPM-B +0 still gives 3 minutes at 10' with that profile, but it's close enough that I'm sure one could find a table somewhere that called it an NDL dive.

It is to the very edge of the GUE min deco tables.

i said 32% for 30 min at 100ft

Wouldn't have to look too hard actually. EAN 32 tables from NAUI and padi show 30 minutes as the no deco limit at 100'.

Wouldn't have to look too hard actually. EAN 32 tables from NAUI and padi show 30 minutes as the no deco limit at 100'.

So does NOAA.

I believe the original example in question was 40 minutes at 100'/30m, not 30 minutes. 40 minutes gets the 10 minute stop

I believe the original example in question was 40 minutes at 100'/30m, not 30 minutes. 40 minutes gets the 10 minute stop

No, the original example was:
"can someone give a conservative example of a 120ft dive with 60 min bottom time?"
That has been backed off considerably to 90 feet using 36%, which gives 40 mins (DSAT).
He still seems a bit confused on dealing with the three similutaneous limitations on dive time: amount of gas carried, NDL, and ox-tox. Maybe he doesn't realize whichever one is most limiting is the one that matters.

"can someone give a conservative example of a 120ft dive with 60 min bottom time?"
That has been backed off considerably to 90 feet using 36%, which gives 40 mins (DSAT).
He still seems a bit confused on dealing with the three similutaneous limitations on dive time: amount of gas carried, NDL, and ox-tox. Maybe he doesn't realize whichever one is most limiting is the one that matters.

The he original post was about wanting more bottom time than NDL allows I used the 120ft 60min bottom time as an extreme example as I wanted to know what the deco stops would look like. I want to extend my bottom time but do not want 30min deco stops either. After researching some of the wrecks that I would like to visit and realizing I do not need to go to the sand limiting the planned depth.

Thanks to to all that have given positive feedback. I have been talking to a Tec instructor that I think I like. And will start after I finish my DM on starting tech 40 then tech 45 next year. Not looking to go super deep or spend the money yet on Trimix. But to have back gas and a deco gas is a reasonable step for me.

Was referring to a later example by Rivers being discussed a few posts back...

Back
Top Bottom