Rec Vs. Technical???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So know we know some BAD deco scenarios anyone have experiance diving Lake Michigan? Especially south end or west edge. I have been to a couple sites but looking for sites reachable from Hamond Chicago or walkegan harbors.

I would like a 2 wreck dive in 60-90 ft of water one of which is an open penatrable wreck.

WOW, that was a long read....

So, OP....Here at DRIS, we aren't $$$$$ hungry. We will survive and eat whether you buy from us our not. We never have an attitude or just see dollar signs, we only truly want to help take you to the depths you ask us about. We 10000% want your business (so don't misinterpret my previous sentence), and want to help you go where you want to go. Getting into deco diving there is a ton of equipment, classes, and trips... that as others said, never ends. I have a feeling my guys were trying to let you know about all this, it's a ton of $$. We can definitely lead you the right direction for the diving you will be doing. If my guys seemed to get excited when talking to you about tech diving, LOL, well most of us do some tech diving and the I'm sure they got excited to have a great conversation. Some have recently finished ADV Nitrox/Deco, others full cave, others Intro to cave, others are just amassing gear to get going...as well as us having a Tech Instructor Trainer on Staff, this is what we do, we love talking about it :D

It sounds like you guys have all the DECO stuff planned out....

As for lake Michigan, did you know we have 2 dive boats on the lake? Scuba Diving In Michigan Lake With DRIS Charters - Dive Right In Scuba - Boat Charters

If you want to get out there, we have all the experience you could ask for from diving it ourselves to Captains that have even found some pretty badass wrecks and even helped with a Sub that NOBODY knows where it is :wink: well, some people do. My point is, we can get you anywhere you need to go with your diving needs here whether it's gear or just diving. The point of diving is as you said a few times in this thread, to have fun. My guys here are dive junkies, they love talking dive. So when you come in here, they get fired up as they are passionate about it and love sharing it with others :)

We start putting temporary markers on the wrecks in April, so let me know when you want to join us. We will start on some shallower wrecks to get you used to whatever new gear you have, as well as our boats and the lake. Then, we will keep graduating as far as you want to go :wink:. We have everything from 30ft to 190 in our area. We have the whole southern end of the lake to the Waukegan area diveable from our boats.

Check out some pics of where your adventure will take you:

Anyone who can name all the wrecks gets a free charter:

IMG_9182.jpgIMG_9162.jpgIMG_9385.jpg1263881_10151730292542991_1363349303_o.jpg902816_10151730293797991_792642073_o.jpgIMG_8406.jpg

Also, you sent me a PM the other day, and I have sent a couple responses :wink: Let me know when you are free to talk or want to come in. I would love to show you around the shop and talk dive and help you map out your wreck future...whether you do training, charters, and gear from us or not.

Attachments

• IMG_9112.jpg
    IMG_9112.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 219
SS Wisconsin
Thomas Hume
Tacoma
Straits of Macinac

Guesses on a couple...

I think at least three of those are pictures I took. Can I guess too... Can I? Can I?

---------- Post added February 10th, 2015 at 11:03 PM ----------

SS Wisconsin
Thomas Hume
Tacoma
Straits of Macinac

Guesses on a couple...
:fail:

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom