Rebreather parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SamDiver14

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find rebreather parts, that are not really rebreather parts? Specifically, I am trying to find where I can get 1.5" or so diameter corrugated hose to use to connect the mouth piece to the breathing bags. But suggestions for breathing bags and mouthpiece shut-off methods and parts would be helpful.

Dr. Bob's ball valve mouthpiece is brilliant. I had already considered using a ball valve but I couldn't figure how adapt a pvc valve.
The vintage parts link on his site is the best source for hoses as well. After reading these posts and clicking a few links I have leaped ahead months in my development.

Sorry, that was a Tom Rose mouthpiece I was looking at. I got the pages confused while switching back and forth. Not that Dr. Bob's site isn't great. Mr. Rose's 3/4" ball valve mouthpiece is great.

There are other great sites for homebuilt RBs but I don't have time to dig them up right now. Those two are the best that I have seen with a very large amount of details.

Lots of ways to make the parts of a RB and lots of people have already done a lot of thinking and testing so it is worth a lot of time digging up what you can.

If nothing else it is fun reading the stories. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom