Rebreather FFM what's your set Up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I get the Divenet DSV w/bail out block what second stage do you recomend? I also was unable to get on the Millenium divers site to see what they had to offer. I called Divematics and they said I could get an Apeks with the Dr 600 but it was too large if I had them put it on of the Divator MKII mask.

tnt2020:
If I get the Divenet DSV w/bail out block what second stage do you recomend? I also was unable to get on the Millenium divers site to see what they had to offer. I called Divematics and they said I could get an Apeks with the Dr 600 but it was too large if I had them put it on of the Divator MKII mask.

Try the Poseidon "telephone" second stage.

caveseeker7:
I'm not aware of any other mask retaining the regs bite piece.

The JMC (KirbyMorgan) SuperMask when used with the OC pod does allow you to retain the mouthpiece in your mouth. Not sure about the Nato Pod.

scubahubby:
The JMC (KirbyMorgan) SuperMask when used with the OC pod does allow you to retain the mouthpiece in your mouth. Not sure about the Nato Pod.

Of course, with the mouth-piece in you will not be able to use comms.

I chose the APEKS TX-100 second stage becuse of a need for deep-diving flow, and it was on hand. (I have a number of them.) In retrospect, I would choose something like the Poseidon "telephone" for its smaller size and good flow characteristics.

scubahubby:
I am. :D
Have a look at the picture of the pod, it's right there.
The ratchet on top of the bellows keeps the mouyhpiece in the position you adjust it to. Not only does it make the mask more stable, but a whole lot more comfortable.

tnt, in #143 you can both see the purge valve, as well as the slot where the comms go (they're on both sides).

Also, you might try contacting Don Townsend (Millenium Divers) through IANTD's website (instructor search engine). IIRC he supplied a couple of the NATO pods to divers including Tigerscuba here on the board ... you can use the boards search engine to find his posts.

Cheers
Stefan

BigJetDriver69:
I chose the APEKS TX-100 second stage becuse of a need for deep-diving flow, and it was on hand.
As it happens, I have another shot of the DR-600 from DEMA which had the Apeks attached. Thought I post it while I'm at it.

Is that yours, Rob? Doesn't look so bad sizewise, then again it's a mask that can make a Conshelf look small. :wink:

I kinda like the battletank look though ... I have to give it a try. :D

BJD,

Is the Widolf DR-600 heavy or not. It looks like a solid unit and I can't help but feel a strain in my neck every time I look at it. You wrote it is very comfortable but I wanted to ask since I have never seen one in person. Will you or you mask be coming to Our world underwater? Do you dive only cold with your mask or on almost all of your dives?

tnt

caveseeker7:
As it happens, I have another shot of the DR-600 from DEMA which had the Apeks attached. Thought I post it while I'm at it.

Is that yours, Rob? Doesn't look so bad sizewise, then again it's a mask that can make a Conshelf look small. :wink:

I kinda like the battletank look though ... I have to give it a try. :D

Stefan,

Yeah, that one is mine. It truly is 'battle-tank tough"!! That second stage is the APEKS TX-100 second. It is a great easy-breathing regulator, especially when deep.

Cheers!

tnt2020:
BJD,

Is the Widolf DR-600 heavy or not. It looks like a solid unit and I can't help but feel a strain in my neck every time I look at it. You wrote it is very comfortable but I wanted to ask since I have never seen one in person. Will you or you mask be coming to Our world underwater? Do you dive only cold with your mask or on almost all of your dives?

tnt

TNT2020,

Hi! The mask looks heavy, but it is not at all. In water it is very neutral. I've used many FFM's, and this is by far THE most comfortable!

I try to stay out of cold water if I can!!! :scared:

I use it for situations requiring comm, and just because I like its comfort.

Cheers!

I want you guys to know I am very good at talking with my mouth full do to the many times I have put my foot in my mouth. I also don't always do what my mother tells me to do too boring. That being said.

I understood quite well I will have to learn not to go into any long monologs to prevent CO2 build up while diving a FFM and Rebreather and to make sure to Keep a normal breathing patern.

I have still been Unable to get a decision made but I am starting to get total cost on 3 units.

DR-600 $1950.00 w/o comms
Divator MKII $960.00 Plus one of my existing Mask existing Comms may not work after modification
Kirby Morgan super mask $575+ 750 for dsv with bail out block. No comms.

Starting out I was Leaning toward the Kirby Morgan, But I like to have the best so I really like the Widolf, My pocket book likes the Divator Price. what I need is a pool and 3 mask to try.

TNT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom