Real name/Info of "Coral Sea" lake listed as "private" by Coral Key Arvada Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coloradodiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Guys,

I am trying to find more information about the water conditions of the "private lake" listed on the Coral Key Dive Shop website as "Coral Sea". I don't think that is the real name of the lake. There is one medium size lake close to the dive shop (Standley Lake) in W 86th Pkwy and Kipling St that I believe could be the "coral sea" lake.

Here is the link where Coral Key list the lake as private for local dives: Local "Coral Sea" Dive - Coral Key Scuba & Travel Center - Colorado Scuba Lessons, Scuba Trips, Snorkeling & Scuba Equipment

What do you guys think of this lake compared with Chadfield and Aurora Reservoir (visibility, temperature and fun level) to dive this next Sunday?

Thanks.

The web site Justin linked to above has your answer. Only that one shop is allowed to access the pond mentioned. It is not Standley lake.

There's another "clue" at the top of their release form: "Scuba Diving at Columbine Lake".

googling Columbine Professional Plaza Assoc. - the other party listed on the release. One of the links talks about the "lake" (former quarry) - redeveloped by them near Arvada Marketplace. Right across from Columbine Park. Coincidence?

My guess:

View attachment 156779

Since it's privately owned, why not just ask Coral Sea? I'm sure it's no secret.
Or pay the $12 and have them tell you where to meet.

Back
Top Bottom