Real Macho Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always thought I was plenty hydrated until I got a p-valve and now I just drink as much water as I want. I find I feel a lot less tired and refreshed compared to timing my hydration before.

I wish I would have installed the valve earlier.... just like other good equipment choices I delay.

I always thought I was plenty hydrated until I got a p-valve and now I just drink as much water as I want. I find I feel a lot less tired and refreshed compared to timing my hydration before.

I wish I would have installed the valve earlier.... just like other good equipment choices I delay.

Looks like you talked me into finally using mine.... Don't know why the hell I got it installed and have never used it... :idk:

Great story. Just beware, you are adding some failure points to the system when you add a pee valve. I had a major malfunction with mine this year:

I had just finished a long decompression dive off the coast, got back to the dock, and grabbed lunch w/ the girlfriend. In the middle of lunch, I went to the bathroom (keep in mind, I was still wearing my catheter). I belly up to the urinal, unzip, and do my thing. As I'm staring at the wall I started to experience a very odd sensation immediately coupled with a sinking feeling in my stomach. I looked down just in time to see a quickly inflating catheter just explode, sending its contents all over my shorts, wall, and floor. Catastrophic Catheter Failure. It was so absurd I had to laugh. At least until I realized I was in a bathroom inside a very crowded restaurant and would have to somehow sneak out of the place to change in the car without anyone noticing Captain Pissypants running by. I made it to the car, changed, and got back to my table w/o further incident. Be careful out there!

They have their lighter moments... the time I was talking in my underwear with the tube dangling out in front. I wondered why no one could look me in the eye. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom