Re-valve tanks OR convert my reg?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

first off you need to find another lds...... they should know by looking at that tank that it is rated at 3500psi. the only valve availabl3 for it is the one in the tank that is because the thread size is different in the neck. your best bet convert your reg to a 300 din not a 230. it must be 3000 because that valve is 300. Also if your reg is converted to 300 you can use it on 230 and 200 dinn. Remember with din you can go backwards but not forward. The next thing is when converting your reg you have to be sure it will handle the 3500psi. some reg do not have din conversions greater than 230.

I would also like to remind you that those tank valves are 300 bar. Make sure you get the correct adapter.

I've got and use that same tank. I also have the newer Worthington 100 230 convertible DIN which my regulator works with just fine. I have an Oceanic CDX5/GT3 regulator that has the DIN 300 conversion. So converting your regs should not be a problem. Also there is an inexpensive DIN to Yoke adapter that you can buy and toss in your gear bag for the times you are diving someplace with only rental 80's available. However I've noticed more and more places are carrying steel tanks that has a DIN option so this may not be as much of an issue as it was in years past.

AL

Back
Top Bottom