? re buying/selling used regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@couv : for me, always flexibility, anything from single stages to complete sets. Depends on my "level of illness" for the moment. Truth be told, as my collection has grown, in now seems more about getting the pieces together, so I focus on individual elements to complete a package.

Sam brings up an interesting point regarding liability. Though I am not a lawyer I think there is a difference in that the regs are not advertising as being "professionally" service just selling used regs that have been serviced by ourselves.

To me this no different than buying a used car from a private individual versus a used car dealer. Both may have serviced the brakes. Which may done a better job will always be an issue but the dealer will have a greater liability. In the end, when buying anything used one must do their due diligence.

Last edited:
In OW diving at rec depths a regulator malfunction should be nothing more than an inconvenience. I'm struggling to imagine a scenario that would cause an in water catastrophic failure, save the ACD "issue" Happy to be educated. Cheers.

Last edited:
Couv,
To your original question I prefer “A la carte”. I think a lot of it is target market. For the older stuff your buyers I think are more likely to have an interest in one piece. With newer models they are likely to be bought by someone who has no intention of tinkering with it or optimizing a particular sum of parts. In that instance a simple plug and play set is more enticing. Just my .02.

One the hijacked side of things...
Sam you deserve my respect so I hope this doesn’t come across to the contrary. I think you meant well with your question of qualifications but perhaps directed it at the wrong person. Couv is held in extremely high regard by most on this and other forums most notably for his knowledge and competency. As I am sure you are aware having completed a manufacturers repair course is no cloak of safety from litigation. I do believe Couv could teach those anointed “graduates” enough to greatly reduce their chances of being sued.

Buddha that’s my reg Couv was showing you. Just PM me if you want a pic.

Back
Top Bottom