? re buying/selling used regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that I have a working rig (first rig), I'm interested in buying stages separately.

I bought a used Scubapro rig in decent shape and brought it to a recommended technician for service. I told him I was brand new and it was my first kit. I got it back with a leaking first stage (told it was OK, as long as air wasn't on too far in advance of dive), no second stage/octo parts replaced, and only a quick wiping down of the second stage internals.

I replaced that first stage with a pristine Scubapro MK10 that I bought from Couv. I breathed through it, checked the IP (rock solid), and have been diving with that reg ever since. But I wouldn't trust the 1st stage I got from a trained, certified, experienced, and recommended local tech. I'll likely buy more equipment from Couv in the not too distant future.

Couv has a loyal following for good reason. I don't believe that Sam feels that the people diving his regs are at risk but that Coup may be at some point in the future. An investigation into what went wrong with the reg and who touched it last will perhaps be a part of a possible suit brought against any viable target. I am far enough removed from any of this that it seems to me that everyone has valid points. As for me my last dive for 2017 was logged today and the first for 2018 will be logged tomorrow if all goes according to plan.

Back
Top Bottom