Info Ratio iX3M2 and their "green" movement to replace your "old" computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeXx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi.
I'm the proud owner of a Ratio iX3M Tech+.
I have read many people having problems with this model but in my experience, the only problem I have faced is with a little sticky buttons but the problem can be easily solved with a bit of WD40.

Yesterday I received an email from Ratio saying I was eligible for a computer Swap for the new model iX3M2 and if i was interested, I should send na email with a photo of the Info screen from my DC.

Granted they say that they accept a computer in any state for the swap but to my surprise, they are asking for more than half the price of the new computer!
My computer is still under warranty and I find it hard someone would be willing to spill another 600 euros to swap a relatively new computer for another that is just a bit newer.

If some one is interested in the price ranges before you lose your time exchanging emails, see attached.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-06-27 10-24-03.png
    Screenshot from 2024-06-27 10-24-03.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 33
Granted they say that they accept a computer in any state for the swap but to my surprise, they are asking for more than half the price of the new computer!
My computer is still under warranty and I find it hard someone would be willing to spill another 600 euros to swap a relatively new computer for another that is just a bit newer.

I think that it is a reasonable offer, not great but reasonable. I'd do it and get a new computer with much better features and lots of "under the cover" enhancements with new warranty.

a relatively new computer for another that is just a bit newer.

Oh come on, it is a much more robust version. The new version with GPS is superior to the old one for certain. The "under the hood" enhancements are excellent (increase reliability and performance but not apparent to the user. Buttons are better, menu is much better (with "go back" indicators), etc. etc.

I really, sincerely advise you to upgrade. East less, drink less, go out less, entertain much less and save the money to be able to get it.

I am going to try to take advantage of it myself ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom