Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have a picture of the tank pressure on the computer. I need a large display and I'm very interested in this computer.

Thanks

You can see the pressures on the bottom row of the image. Ratios Idive Colour is also a similar screen layout, just smaller
ratio-ix3m-2-media-8.jpg

How is their customer service in the US?
Over the course of two weeks I have asked them several questions and I have received an answer back with in 24 hours. I call that Good!!

I'm surprisingly annoyed by the slab serif digits used on the iX3M:s. It's unfortunate because they seem like very capable computers, but I get angry just looking at those numbers and that wouldn't make for peaceful diving.

Been a little over 4 months since the Ration iX3M 2 came out, and I'd love to hear any updates that people actually using them may have. Any thoughts would be great, and I'm especially interested to hear how people like the compass function?

As of today I don't see many reviews for this online yet.

Hi, I was just out today diving with my iX3M 2 and this was my 6th dive with it. There was a bit of a learning curve and I'm still learning, but so far I'm really liking it. Sorry nothing to report on the compass as the spring I was diving was basically a fish bowl.

Hi, I was just out today diving with my iX3M 2 and this was my 6th dive with it. There was a bit of a learning curve and I'm still learning...
What were the major drivers for a "learning curve"? I'm thinking about buying one.

What were the major drivers for a "learning curve"? I'm thinking about buying one.
I went from a Oceanic ProPlus 3 console to the Ratio. The PP3 has larger fonts and going to a wrist mount was different. Plus getting used to all the new different setting. The one I still trying to wrap my head around is the "GFL" Conservatism Gradients. Currently using the 75/75. Actually I not sure it really affects me as a rec diver. But I'm still learning. The smaller fonts that the iX3M 2 uses compared to the PP3 are fine but I do wear readers so I did purchase a mask with readers built-in and I helped a ton! Also I must remember to sync the wireless air transmitter to the computer right after opening the valve otherwise they won't talk. I'm sure that is the same with all AI computers. The first couple times I used the AI with the computer they worked very well together. I do like the way that if you dive only one percentage gas (32%) you can set it and forget it. It will always default to that gas. My suggestion is if you do purchase this computer reach out to Diver Supply. They are an Edge/Ratio dealer and REALLY back this computer. If you have any questions about support ask for Bob Collins at the Jacksonville store. Hope this helps

The one I still trying to wrap my head around is the "GFL" Conservatism Gradients. Currently using the 75/75. Actually I not sure it really affects me as a rec diver. But I'm still learning.
GFLo, the first number doesn’t affect No Stop dives. GFHi, the second number does. The Max would be 100, so 75 is 75% of that. So using this setting, your NDL times are reduced to not cross that 75% threshold.
Also I must remember to sync the wireless air transmitter to the computer right after opening the valve otherwise they won't talk. I'm sure that is the same with all AI computers.
Each time? No that’s not the same with all AI computers. The PPS and Swift compatible computers just need to have the transmitter ID programmed once. Then they just listen. If they don’t hear the signal for several minutes, a warning may be displayed, but they’ll report as soon as the signal is detected. No need to actively sync each time.

Also I must remember to sync the wireless air transmitter to the computer right after opening the valve otherwise they won't talk. I'm sure that is the same with all AI computers.
If this is required each time, it is a Major Disadvantage as compared to other AI computers.

Back
Top Bottom