RANGIROA and 6 PASSENGERS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissDoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just finished a week's diving in Rangiroa with 6 Passengers and I have to say that it was PHENOMENAL!!!! SO MANY SHARKS!!!! So many dolphins that play with you underwater, so many fish everywhere!!!! And what a flight in the current of Tiputa Pass. Adrenaline diving for sure. Just AMAZING!!! And the 6 Passengers are fantastic, we don't speak French but it wasn't a problem at all, they are lovely people and very friendly with great facilities. You can spend the whole day there and dive when you feel like it. You can do up to 4 dives a day and you can treat it as a liveaboard. It's just plain FABULOUS.

We had a wonderful two days in Rangiroa -- although we didn't see a lot of sharks, we did play with dolphins, and I thought the reef itself was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. It's amazing to see what a reef can look like, when it's really nearly untouched.

Just finished a week's diving in Rangiroa with 6 Passengers and I have to say that it was PHENOMENAL!!!! SO MANY SHARKS!!!! So many dolphins that play with you underwater, so many fish everywhere!!!! And what a flight in the current of Tiputa Pass. Adrenaline diving for sure. Just AMAZING!!! And the 6 Passengers are fantastic, we don't speak French but it wasn't a problem at all, they are lovely people and very friendly with great facilities. You can spend the whole day there and dive when you feel like it. You can do up to 4 dives a day and you can treat it as a liveaboard. It's just plain FABULOUS.
While I've been on better boats overall, the diving from the Tahiti Aggressor (when it was based out of Rangiroa) easily ranked among the best diving I've ever done. It's too bad no one else has attempted to put a liveaboard out there. If you think Rangiroa was great, there are other atolls in the Tuamotus that are mind-blowing.

We had an excellent experience with 6 passengers as well a couple of years ago. The diving in the pass was amazing. The sea life just outside the pass was spectacular! Be prepared for rough water entries!
kristy

we dived a few of the tuamotus atolls (really liked manihi) and all were beautiful but i agree, doing taputa pass with six passengers was the best. it made the number of sharks (other than whale sharks) at darwin and wolf in the galapagos seem meagre. i think for experienced divers, six passengers is the way to go, a liveaboard came for a couple of days while we were there and they dived far more conservatively in the pass and never went deep into the blue outside the pass, hence they missed the wall to wall shark action.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom