Trip Report Diving Rangiroa and Tikehau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Evan,

What do you recommend for lodging in Tikehau?

Thanks,

Manuel
Manuel,
We stayed at the Le Tikehau Pearl. It was great (and expensive). Its also closed for renovations for some time I believe.

My favorite dive master on the trip owns Coco Dive, which has a few bungalows that I’m sure are much less expensive and might be worth checking out.

I’m sure there are other great options, but Tikehau is definitely less developed, so running to a store for food is not always a convenient option. I highly recommend a full pension or hotel with a decent restaurant.

Evan

Thank you, Evan. Indeed, Le Tikehau Pearl looks pretty pricey - nice tho. So is Ninamu. Both of those are on separate motus.

For now, I am leaning towards staying on the main island where the airport is, just to have the option of running to the store or trying a different place to eat for a change of pace from being fed fish everyday at the bed and breakfast (pension).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom