Fakarava or Rangiroa for family diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am planning an island-hopping trip for me, my husband and 10 year old daughter (who will be qualified by the time we go). We will have three and a half weeks to cover Singapore, Tahiti, Moorea, one of the Tuamotus and Bora Bora.
Our Tuamotu leg will be for four nights with the main focus being on diving, but I can't decide whether to go to Fakarava or Rangiroa.
Fakarava looks epic and the passes looks amazing, even though my daughter won't be able to do them. The dive centres have said that there are some great dives within the lagoon that she can do and my husband and I could take turns doing the passes while the other dives with our daughter.
Rangiroa also looks amazing and I'm really encouraged by reading that it has a wide variety of marine life there like manta rays, dolphins, eagle rays etc, more so than Fakarava. But it has far less coral and beaches -is that all true? Is the diving there better for young divers than in Fakarava?

If I was just going with my husband then I would probably head to Fakarava but with our daughter in tow, I'm wondering if Rangiroa might be more enjoyable for her.
Any recommendations on either atoll?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom