Ranger 2008 LTD vs. Ranger 2009 LTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
Im selling off my OMS IQ BDC and i think i might get the ranger LTD. I see the 2008 is selling for about 500 and the 2009 is selling for about 770 but the only difference the store can tell me is a shoulder strap change and an extra dump valve, is that all u get for 270$?? are there more significant chabges? is it worth spending the extra money fr the 2009?

The new shoulder style (which gives you the ability to add or remove d-rings) the right shoulder dump, and the new color scheme are the changes.

Keep in mind that the 2008 model was the same price as the 2009 last year, so basically you are buying any remaining stock of 2008 models, which is why you can get a better deal.....just like a 2009 car is now cheaper than the 2010 models that are coming out.

And unless you're a perfect size, most shops won't mix and match the old Ranger LTD for a custom fit.

Any shop worth their weight belts should keep a few backs, vests and shoulders for just that reason.

Zeagle BCDs have one of the most customizable fitting systems of any manufacturer. It doesn't make sense not to use that for the shop and customer's advantage.

hmmm, sounds like the 08 is the way to go. as far as sizing im a ML but zeagle only has med and large so i guess ill get a large and cinch it down. they fit really well i must say

You should discuss sizing with a knowledgeable Zeagle dealer, such as ScubaToys. Many (if not most) of us are best served by different sized shoulder and vest parts. Zeagles are neither built like nor worn like other BCs.

i passed by leisurepro the other day and tried the medium, the buckles were full open and it fit perfect but with a suit on i think it would be to small. i tried the large and brought it in tight and it was glued on me. ive bought oms, oceanic, scubapro i have to say the fit was AMAZING

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom