Raja Ampat weather in late February??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(Were these rain squalls, or dry? We experienced rain squalls in Southern RA (Triton Bay) in late November, and quite honestly they were so beautiful to watch, with the background of all the islands, that they only added to the trip. High visual drama and great topside photo op! )

This sounds like a direct quote from him! He said something like they were awesome storms! Rain squalls!! Were you in Triton Bay this past late November???? If so, I thought the gov.'t was not letting people go there until Jan. of this year???? That is what we were told???

We were there in November '08. It's a long, long boat ride. Sorong/Misool/Triton Bay and return is 800 miles. No one on board, which included some divers with 1,000 dives in Indonesia, thought it was worth the effort, considering that the transit time also meant missed dives elsewhere. We started back north toward Misool after one day. It's off our radar now ... YMMV.

I wasn't aware of any current restrictions on Triton Bay. What is that about?

Last edited:
We were supposed to go to Triton Bay in November(2010) but at the last minute we got word that the gov.'t was stopping all charters from entering the bay until Jan. of this year. I think they wanted to start a permit system or something like that. We still flew into Kaimana and then went North from there but we never got to dive TB.( I heard that they are back diving now in TB . ) We went to Fak Fak instead which we did not like. Topside was really pretty but most of the dives were just so so. (Although, the night dives were cool! ) I agree.. I hate to miss dives!
This time we are starting in Sorong and heading up to Lembeh! I will report on the weather once we return! I have also heard good things about Cenderwasih Bay so that is on our "to do list" as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom