RAID Performance Diver - a Self Reliant course for all levels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking around Thailand pricing online I see the same pricing for both GUE and RAID Performant diver. And then elsewhere I see the TDI intro to tech with gear rental for doubles is priced at slightly more than just half of that… weird.

So anyone looking at options will naturally gravitate to the more famous GUE course than DIVERAID…

Looking around Thailand pricing online I see the same pricing for both GUE and RAID Performant diver. And then elsewhere I see the TDI intro to tech with gear rental for doubles is priced at slightly more than just half of that… weird.

So anyone looking at options will naturally gravitate to the more famous GUE course than DIVERAID…
GUE is only "famous" in a very small subsection of the diving industry. Many divers, hell, I would venture to say the vast majority of divers have never heard of GUE.

I speak with traveling divers on a daily basis and in the past 9 months I can count on one hand how many have heard of GUE, and I would still have a couple fingers left over.

We all need to remember that Scubaboard, also something one could call famous, is a resource that the majority of divers have never heard of as well.

Speaking of Thailand, since it is a vacation dive destination, I believe you will find people tend to gravitate towards the shorter course that they feel will teach them the exact same skills and the agency doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom