R109 lever height

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To clear the air-I do not know much about rebuilding regulators. I took my R109s to the local scuba pro dive shop so they can be upgraded to r156. The tech said that he was able to upgrade, but the spring was way to stiff and breathing would have been crazy.He said he has done this in the past without problem. Could this be because of the leaver?

Apparently that tech is like you, in that he also does not know much about rebuilding regulators. This is the 2nd thread this week about a "professional" tech using the wrong spring. If you saw those two springs you'd laugh; the unbalanced poppet spring is twice the size.

What's even stranger is that the balanced spring is the one used with the exact same poppet on the G250 and S600, which are two very popular current SP 2nds. IOW, any tech that has rebuilt either of those should be quite familiar with the spring.

OK guys, the package was sent today. I'm still looking for a good reason why in order to prep the wife before the package arrives :bash:

:D

aquaregia, I'll check to see what we're looking at as far as spare duro poppet assemblies.

And yes, I do believe that I may have some spares after all of this (maybe I can explain to my wife that these are needed in order to go with all of the $4.99 Mark 5's that I keep getting :rofl3: )

OK guys, the package was sent today. I'm still looking for a good reason why in order to prep the wife before the package arrives :bash:

:D

aquaregia, I'll check to see what we're looking at as far as spare duro poppet assemblies.

And yes, I do believe that I may have some spares after all of this (maybe I can explain to my wife that these are needed in order to go with all of the $4.99 Mark 5's that I keep getting :rofl3: )

Tell her you plan to only keep a few for yourself and will refurbish the others and sell then individually on ebay and make all your expenses back.

Tell her you plan to only keep a few for yourself and will refurbish the others and sell then individually on ebay and make all your expenses back.

Yeah, I keep trying that one whenever I come up with a package that includes a lot of parts. She's starting to get a little skeptical.....

How about that they're dangerous and you're providing a community service by keeping them off the market where poor students might buy them?

The problem with the "I'm going to sell them and make some money" excuse is that she might expect a cut of the action in the form of an expensive gift. If that happens, take a couple of the parts from one of the regs, and have them made into earrings. :D

The problem with the "I'm going to sell them and make some money" excuse is that she might expect a cut of the action in the form of an expensive gift. If that happens, take a couple of the parts from one of the regs, and have them made into earrings. :D

Oh yeah, all those little S's would make a cute danglies. :blinking:

OK, here's some pics of the various levers and poppets. At least I got one poppet with a replaceable seat....

Here's 3 different poppet designs. My favorite is the one on the left, but I only got 1 of those. I only got one of the ones on the right as well (thank goodness!)

IMG_57821.jpg

Here's 2 different lever designs for the 109's. If you can see, the one on the left has additional wings or flaps (but not like the ones in the earlier posts). I got 2 of those, the rest were like the one on the right. For reference, the angle on all of them is the same.

IMG_57831.jpg

Finally, here are the 3 different types of levers I got for the 108's. The one on the far right is the most common. I wonder if the ones with the raised tip were originally from other regs?

IMG_57841.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom