R.I.P PacketSniffer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIP my friend...

As long as we remember you....You will remain alive in our thoughts.

OMG horrible news! Very, very sad! RIP Packetsniffer!!!

OMGosh! this is horrible. Condolences to his family and friends. May you be with God now.

Very sad news. What a great guy. I met Richard when he spearheaded our infamous Tenkiller trip a couple of years ago. What a lot of fun that was. Richard's trip report starts at post #14. The pictures and video referred to in post #25 are now found here. We made plans to dive together again on several occasions, but I dont believe we ever managed to get it done.

I will remember his family and friends in my prayers.

Willie

RM_DT_1.jpg

Richard

Very sad news indeed... Rest in peace Richard. I hope there are endless caves -- smooth smooth seas and limitless bottom time and visibility in the afterlife for you! My thoughts are with his family during this difficult time...

Again we've lost a member of the dive community.
For some a friend.
For some a bubby.
For 1 couple a son.
For most a fellow diver who we will never meet.

May he be in diving heaven.

R.I.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is just so sad... both my husband and i were shocked to hear the news

im numb and sitting here half way across the world crying because he is gone

my sincere condolances to family and friends. RIP PS....i wish these are words i never had to type

Last edited:
I cannot even begin to express the shock and sadness felt by Melanie and I when we recieved the news that Richard had died. We were informed as soon as his buddy exited Jackson Blue, as he was a valued crewmember and trusted friend. We had next of kin info for him as a crewmember, and were called immediately. Richard was at our side last week as we made preps for hurricane Ike, stayed with us by phone and text during the storm, and wanted to help me recover on Saturday morning. I told him I didn't need his help, so missed my last chance to see him.

Richard was instrumental in helping develop a rebreather diving policy for the Spree, for both sport and tech diving. He was working with Melanie to develop safe scooter (DPV) sport diving policies so we could welcome the return of scooters . He lived just down the street from the Spree, and would stop by on trip nights to see us off, help handle lines on the dock, or hose off the boat when it came in, and Melanie was busy with some paperwork BS.

Richard was a customer or crewmember for every tech trip run on the Spree,as well as a long-time sport diving customer. His presence on the Spree will be sorely missed. My only condolence was that he died doing what he loved. He and I had actually discussed passing on while diving, and he expressed his feelings that he would much rather die diving than any other way.

RIP Richard, and I hope you are enjoying endless undiscovered passages and virgin shipwrecks.

Frank and Melanie

I never had The pleasure to meet Richard, but have heard story's and he sounds like a great person.

RIP, always hard to hear about these accidents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom