Quiz - Skills & Environment - Aquatic Life Injury

Which of the following may indicate an injury caused by aquatic life?

• a. local swelling and inflammation

• b. cherry red lips and fingernail beds

• c. a false sense of well being or euphoria

• d. both a and c are correct

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right, sorry. Had to go through it in my head-- it's:
I -- Irritability, anxiety and EUPHORIA. Correct?
No. Jeez, look it up and stop guessing! There is no euphoria in VENTID!

YES THERE IS. I LOOKED IT UP (or, there was unless they changed it):

Page 33, PADI Enriched Air Diving Manual 1995-2004:

V-- visual disturbances, including tunnel vision.
E-- ear ringing or other sounds.
N-- nausea.
T-- twitching or muscle spasms, especially in the face.
I-- irritability, restlessness, EUPHORIA or anxiety.
D-- dizziness.

Yes, right after that they write: "You can remember these by remembering VENTID-- vision, ears, nausea, twitching, irritability and dizziness". A slimmed down version.
Perhaps that is the part you refer to. I'm taking that as a win.

I wasn't guessing. I've been memorizing the damn thing almost DAILY since I took Nitrox in 2006--due to my slight (?) OCD. I was wrong the first time referring to E as euphoria instead of ears (though it got my point across), but not the second time.

Nope.

Wrong.
Let me rephrase, narcosis make you euphoric but I don’t think that’s what the examiner intended us to guess in c):

I.e. look at the NOAA manual and see how the wording is identical except for parentheses
The NOAA Diving Manual

Sorry I was playing at guessing what the examiner want us to guess rather than what’s correct :) (you are right that c could fit possible symptoms of narcosis)

Well, it could also be oxygen toxicity--I believe in "VENTID" (list of signs of oxtox), the e stands for euphoria. But I'm sure it is narcosis.
I don't remember that from my Nitrox class as all, but it's been a couple of decades. Maybe it wasn't there then, and I don't know where my manual is. Or maybe it was, and I forgot along with a few hundred other things. VENTID strikes me a poor acronym, but maybe it does help. Wikipedia calls it VENTID-C or sometimes ConVENTID to add convulsions.

Also agree with Tom. A false sense of well being or euphoria are classic symptoms of narcosis.
Here's your medal in spite of your grammar. Oops, sorry, it fails to show. I have the Grammarly app to help me with those, but sometimes we disagree. I enjoy the buzz of narcosis too much.

Right, sorry. Had to go through it in my head-- it's:
I -- Irritability, anxiety and EUPHORIA. Correct?
:facepalm:

Grrrr! :rant:

Let me rephrase, narcosis make you euphoric but I don’t think that’s what the examiner intended us to guess in c):

I.e. look at the NOAA manual and see how the wording is identical except for parentheses
The NOAA Diving Manual

Sorry I was playing at guessing what the examiner want us to guess rather than what’s correct :) (you are right that c could fit possible symptoms of narcosis)
I have that manual in hardback, gathering dust. Yeah, Eurphoia is there for hypoxia. How about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom