Quiz - Skills & Environment - Determining Accurate Distances

When a calibrated measuring device is unavailable, measuring with ___ is best for determining accura

• a. time measurement

• b. arm spans

• c. kick cycles

• d. air consumption

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deleted for irrelevancy.

Sorry, I don't follow. How is a whale carcass or a cannon a measuring device?
I understand that one might want to measure those two examples with something other than fin kicks, so arm spans might be reasonable, but I've never seen a cannon so long that it would take even a single arm span.....and how does one estimate "2/3 of an arm span" with any accuracy? How does one do arm spans on either object without touching and possible disturbing it? Sorry, I think arm spans are from another era, like standing on the bottom. Since more and more folks are carrying a small reel/spool attached to their SMB/DSMB these days, they an easily stretch out a piece of line, put a small slip knot in it, and measure that with a tape after the dive.
As opposed to a tape measured or a knotted string to measure small, finite objects, like a sunken boat, not really for navigation

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom