Quit Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neat, Wayne! Already, the way things taste and smell has been a revelation... The scent of the rain, having a pizza.. (OMG... It made my toes curl!) LOL!

Already, there is such a difference... One more wonderful effect of the blood carrying more oxygen: WOOD!!! (I mean, like when I was 16!) LOL! *blush*

Fish_Whisperer:
Neat, Wayne! Already, the way things taste and smell has been a revelation... The scent of the rain, having a pizza.. (OMG... It made my toes curl!) LOL!

Already, there is such a difference... One more wonderful effect of the blood carrying more oxygen: WOOD!!! (I mean, like when I was 16!) LOL! *blush*

Hmmm. I think I'll have to check this out. :D Strictly for scientific study purposes, of course.

I've also heard heroin addicts say that it was easier to quit shooting junk than it is to quit nicotine. That is why I am so pissed off at me kid.

Congrats FW. I quit over 11 yrs ago, and just last week I wanted to bum a smoke from a friend and had to remind myself that I quit!!!
My taste buds coming alive have been my downfall. I just couldn't imagine food tasting so good.. especially a thick juicy steak! yum!!!

Been nicotine free since September 7, 2005.

One of the reasons why I'm here at Scubaboard too. I made a deal with the wife that if I quit we would _both_ get our PADI OW.

Sense of smell returning was a big one. I have gained about 10 pounds but that is about a lifestyle change in general. When you actually _eat_ your meals instead of _smoke_ your meals - you're gonna gain weight.

Anyhow - congrats FW. Here's to another 24 hours for both of us!

Congratulations and don't forget to thank yourself for being smart enough and tough enough to quit, to improve your health and to divert that tobacco money to something more worthwhile.

It's been 9 years for me. Six months to gear myself up and then on my birthday I pulled the pin. Pretty nice present to myself.

While in Central America last January I did indulge myself in a fine Havana cigar while swinging in a hammock sipping a cocktail. I didn't inhale and haven't considered picking up a pack of butts, however I'm looking forward to my next dive in Cuban cigar country!

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom