Quit Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
Thanks for the support and encouragement, folks. I've been smoke-free, coming up on two months, now. It gets easier and easier each day, and it feels like I'm recovering from a long illness or something. I'm waking up more refreshed in the mornings, have incredible energy, and best of all, I feel like this time, I've managed to break free of the slavery that I've lived in for far too long. :) Thanks again for the PM's and the emails!

Welcome to the smoke free world! Keep up the good work!
Ber :lilbunny:

Don't forget to spend the money you save on dive gear... :D

1 year 2mos smoke free, keep at it, it gets easier.

Congratulations!!!

:yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap:

Speaking as someone who lost both my parents to smoking-related illnesses at too young an age, I sincerely commend you on quitting. My mom quit, but not until she reached end stage lung disease. Even then, for her last couple years, she had more enegry, food tasted better, and she had fewer illnesses. I remember her amazement at the increase of her energy level so quickly after she quit.

Best wishes of health and long life to you, and congratulations for your excellent decision!

Fish_Whisperer:
Thank you so much! I've always said that if I had one regret in life, it was that I had ever started smoking. Time to put that one regret to rest, because it's no longer an issue. Thanks again! :)
Ooo. I'm sending this message to my 16-year-old son who started smoking. Little creep.

One of the hardest addictions to break . . . but this is probably the single biggest thing you could have done for your long-term well-being. Congratulations.

Excellent! Congratulations!

It is amazing that once you stop you think and realize how stupid of a habit it was. Not to mention having to check your pockets for a lighter or matches every time you go somewhere....and now they're really expensive. I have a friend in England and he and his wife are pretty heavy smokers. They're cigarette bill is more than their house mortgage. Man. Think of all the gas that would buy for your boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom